Chapter eleven

It was the most hateful thing he could have said and he meant it but she did not react she would not give him the pleasure of knowing how much his words could rip pain right through her. When  would she ever learn that their agendas were completely different ? .

'' Of course ", she answered , " And I might as well work on the Portfolio while I'm here ".

"If you must ", his eyes narrowed .

" Close the door behind you . I want to take shower ", she told him , she didn't want him to see her hurt expression - she just wanted to prove him that she can equally be arrogant just like he is always around her.

But after he left she did not head for the bathroom - she didn't think her sore and shaky legs would carry her .

Instead she sat on the rumpled mess of duvet on the bed and wondered what is she doind here ?. Did she think that this is going to be easy for her ?.

She had always associated her work and life with Liam being arrogant and ruthless , demanding man. When he was making love to her it was all too easy to feel that it was real , like they were a real couple . But it wasn't it they weren't . But the sex was amazing - he was extremely good in bed with his skills.  She thought she must be different from all the women he took to bed ? May be they could fall in love or he would not let her go after the wedding . May be he would sweep her into his arms and tell her to stay with him ........

Well it wasn't ever going to happen and deep down she knew it , so why was she even believing it? 

She needed to start being tough on him and her to protect herself , She unpacked her case and headed off towards the bathroom - which was gleaming example of all modern work . Soaps and towels were lined up she washed up all the traces of love making . Wrapped herself in a gaint robe she walked back into the bedroom to see that a laptop had been placed on the desk in her absence . 

Tasha thought he never wasted time , she picked up a hairbrush and began to pull it through her wet hair . She thought work could wait she was through being his doormat . She just took whatever Liam gave her because she was slow and unnoticed and he gave here a job . Liam treated her the way he wanted to because she let him ! .

And now she wasn't going to let him . Not anymore .

The thought empowered her and seeing that there are almost two hours for the dinner she spent ages drying her hair , and then she settled down reading a book . She felt happy because she had been reading after a long time and she had been able to push Liam out of her mind and as a matter of fact it was refreshing for her ............

She was so busy reading that she didn't realised that there was only half an hour to go before dinner so hastily she pot on some make up and opened the wadrobe wondering what  to wear?.

She provocatively gleamed at the back of the wadrobe - the red dress she couldn't resist bringing and which she vowed never to wear again . But it was strange how seductive the garment felt against her skin . She realised that this dress had power of it's own on Liam as he brought it for her, besides all her clothes were boring and conservative and she couldn't wear them fot today's dinner .

Her hands were trembling a she slipped it on because of course this was more than just a dress for her - it was a significance of change that Liam had seen in her , that dress made him lose his patience around her and take her to bed that night , her saw the change in her and realised that for a change that she was a woman who could turn things upside down for him.

She thought was it good to meet hi family in this revealing outfit mostly was it too risque an outfit to meet his mother ?  There was a knock at the door as she thought it must be Liam but when she opened the door it wasn't him . A young girl stood there   understanding that may be she was a maid here. 

" My name is Marietta ..... will you please follow me ", she spoke in a whispering tone .

She began to walk down towards the assembled guest . Men in dazzling suits some looked up at her and some saw her with lust in their eyes. But all she could see was Liam's eyes following her every movement.

" Well well well , I see that you have decided to dress like the sex siren again for the party tonight , piccola ."

Liam's word were silken soft but the look in his eyes were different . His eyes moved provocatively over her body . He was thinking about how her body felt against him today afternoon and he ached for her , he wanted to touch her and make love to her the whole night.

" But you brought me this dress ". she protrested taking a glass of wine from the passing waiter ." And surely the whole point was to wear the dress ?, unless you feel its unsuitable for the occasion."

There was a pause and the only thing which was unsuitable was what was beneath the dress. A nerve flicked at his temple " You know it's more than suitable and you look more beautiful than any other woman in this room ", he said .

" You don't mean it Liam "

" Si cara " , he said steadily ." I do mean it and you better meet my mother now ".

" I'd love to and as well as your sister ", she said looking around.

Liam checked the whole room but couldn't find his sister ," She hasn't shown herself yet ".

" Oh well it's natural for women to take time ". she told him .

" That is not suppose to happen until the marriage and there are two days for that ".

"And what about the groom to be ? . Is he late too ?", she questioned in a dull tone.

" The Duca is standing over by the woman wearing diamonds".

" Every woman here is wearing diamonds".

He laughed ," He's by the fireplace but don't stare Tasha it's rude".

She didn' need to stare one quick glance was enough to suprise her so much that she drank  the wine in one attempt composing herself . The duca was elegant but he was old like to be her father. He was almost fifty and he looked like ancient thing in comparison of Floriana.

" Your sister is a lucky girl ", she lied.

" Yes she is now come and meet my mother ",he said tersely.

"Mamma this is Tasha . I believe you have spoken on the phone many times ". Despite her heels Liam's mother was petite and elegant woman. Both the woman shook their hands and Liam's mother looked at Tasha up and down with intrest .

" So we met at last , the woman who makes my son's life run like clock or so he tells me ", she said in perfect english.

" It isn't easy ", she said .

" No I can imagine ", he can be demanding . " And  you look  so wonderful . I had no idea your taste in clothes was so exquisite , my dear ".

Tasha thought for a moment that she should tell his mother that it was a gift for her by her son for christmass . But the dress was a intimate gesture which proved that they shared a relationship which she would not approve so she kept quiet .

" Thank you ", she said.