Chapter twelve

Liam's mother said ." Atleast I know that my son must be paying you well enough as you can afford designer wear ". Tasha nodded and raised her drink to her lips whichh suddenly felt the best thing . At least there was a stir of expectation from the guest as everyone looked towards the staircase to see Floriana slowly descending the staircase with a girl by her side Tasha thought that must be the bridesmaid. 

Later everybody were being called for dinner and to Tasha's relieff Liam came to accompany her to the table ," Are this many people going to have dinner all at once ?", she whispered.

" Wait and see".

The dinning room it was more of a big hall lit by hundreds of candles which were scented overpoweringly with roses and jasmines. The table was draped with snow white linen and glittered with gold . Tasha was sitting beside a man who was very keen to practise his english on her other hand sat a teenage cousin of the groom who was clearly not enjoy the event and would rather have been somewhere else .

At the end of the table sat Liam's mother then to her right sat The Duke and Floriana and opposite to them sat Liam and Romano . The dinner was more than just a formal dinner it was more like a food fest she had ever seen. It was lavish .

After dinner there was dancing in a huge ballroom she thought would Liam ask her to dance? Even if he did ask she would refuse because she had to let him entertain his guest , not his secretary. She was wrong he did ask her and she couldn't even refuse him.

" Having a good time ?", he asked as he pulled her against him splaying his fingers over the silk of her dress.

As they danced sensations began to bombard her wearing only a resistance which thin garment . She was aware of his musky scent , she knew she wasn't a accomplished dancer but she knew Liam was guiding her around the dance floor with a touch which made her feel she belonged to him ....... just him .

" Mmmmm ", he prompted his lips close to her ears.

" I, am having a good time ". she answered truthfully because in that moment she couldn't think of a place she'd rather be.

" Me too ", tightening his hands around her waist , he looked down into her flushed face . Saw the way that her lips had parted. Noted the tiny pulse  which hammered at the base of her throat and suddenly he wanted to kiss her . Damn the ballroom he thought . And damn the guest with their quick and curious eyes. Liam swallowed pulling her even closer wanting to demonstrate just how aroused she had made him ", I, may just  take you out for the day tomorrow if you are lucky ", he added.

"Sorry . I have work tomorrow I won't be able to come with you tomorrow "., she said.

He stared at her blankly ." Work ?".

" That's what you gave me laptop for remember?"

He was angry and frustrated . " You did work this afternoon , right?".

" No I, didnt ".

" You didn't ?".

Tasha gave him a serene smile ," No . I , took a long bath and read a good book actually ".

A pulse began to flicker at his temple was this beginning of rebellion - of Tasha abusing her posiyion simply because they were lovers now ? he thought. In all the years she worked for him she never refused for anything he wanted. She was efficient and hard working . "That's not what I wanted ", he snapped .

" Well this is what I wanted ", she returned.

" But I'm paying you to do what I want", he reminded her with his silken cruelty.

" No you pay me to support you in secretarial role ". The words came out in a breathless rush fuelled by a fury att what he'd just said and suddenly. Tasha didn't care that they were in the middle of the dance floor . "Don't you think that I, have done enough out of hours of work for you over the years and now I deserve some time off ?. If you trust me enough to make to make privy to all your confidential bussiness dealings - then you should give me credit for when I , want to ease off ".

There was a stunned silence for a moment and then he warmly smiled " Oh cara ", he murmured " You being demanding and angry turns me on so much .  I can't wait until I take you to bed. If only I'd realised that I had such a little wildcat hiding away all these years".

" Well well you are the one who made me into a wildcat ", she returned without thinking.

" Did I now ??? , well atleast I did something to be grateful for ", he ran his thumb down over her  hips in manner as if he was marking his territory for all the men to know , who were watching her with lust full of eyes . 

" But you will forgive me if I leave you now. Much more of this on the dance floor and I shall be dragging you off to the nearest alcove to peel off your panties and that really wouldn't do , would it now ?''.he said.

And without another word he turned and walked away from her . Tasha was blushing red , staring at him as he walked off with hammering heart. She felt dizzy and wondered how soon she could decently slip away from here - away from all the curious glares she was recieving from the people..