Chapter thirteen

When she sensed someone was looking at her with open curosity . Tasha thought about making an escape when she felt someone tap her shoulder as she turned around to see that it was none other than Floriana standing there . Up close she looked like a mannequin - prefectly dressed mannequin but then Tasha thought the bride too be looked positively unhappy , pushing her thoughts aside Tasha forced a smile ," It's a lovely party", she said.

"Thank you ", said Floriana but her smile didn't meet her eye . "Tasha , would you like to come and see my wedding dress?"

" Me??", questioned Tasha in surprise.

" Please . You'd like to, wouldn't you ?.I thought all women liked wedding , specially wedding dresses.."

Tasha was flattered by the offer and nodded ," of course , I'd love too".

"Then lets go - but lets make it quick , before Romano accuses me of neglecting my guest ", linking their arms Floriana led her along one of the corridors that led to another staircase at the end was Floriana's bedroom . As Floriana showed her the wedding dress ,Tasha felt it was something that she would love to wear as her wedding dress.

" It's beautiful ", she exclaimed walking over to where the gown was hung, marvelling at the delicate fabric as the satin gleamed beneath chantilly lace.

" Isn't it ?", said Floriana but her voice was flat as she shut the door and angie turned around her eyes narrowing with concern.

" Floriana ...... is something wrong ? with you ? or the wedding ?"

There was a pause as she was worried about something but finally she said ,"I can't marry Aldo , I just can't do it ", she breathed .

Realising that the girl was trembling Tasha walked over to her and put her arm around her shoulder thinking how pale and bony she looked. " Look every body gets nerves , it's natural ".

" No !!! . It isn't that believe me . People keep telling me it's nerves but it's not. I've allowed myself to get into a situation which should never have happened . I feel like as if I have sleepwalked my way into a nightmare ..... , Tasha , I can't go through with it ."

Tasha stared at Floriana ," But why are you telling me this ?".

" Because you are an outsider ", said Floriana staring aat her wedding gown.

Tasha flinched by her remark but she knew it was true she didn't belong here . 

" You must sensible and trustworthy if Liam appointed you as his secretary for all this years. Please don't tell me what everyone says , tell me what can I do to get out of this mess ", Floriana pleaded in a sad tone.

" That's too big of a responsility " , Tasha protested.

" Please Tasha help me..."

" Go talk to your brothers , can't you confide your fears in them ?", questioned Tasha.

Floriana bitterly said , " In them ?, you have to be joking . They both are so keen for this marriage to happen . If I say something now they will march me down the aisle. They both are nothing but tyrants".

There was a long pause while Tasha considered what to say . " Does Aldo - the Duca - does he know that you don't want to marry him ??".

" I have tried speaking to him but he won't listen ", whispered Floriana . " His mind is set on the wedding . He won't allow me to cancel it , every time I , say something eveyone behaves as if I , have not spoken at all . For I am his trophy - innocent virgin wife - or that's what he thinks about me".

Tasha's eyes narrowed with comprehension as she realised what Floriana had just told and it's future implication . Was being virgin such ann essential factor in this marriage ? . She remembered what Liam had said about his desire to marry a virgin and a younger girl .....