Chapter 4: Magic Bullet

I woke up at 2 am from my beautiful dream by a pain in my arm. It was small, almost like a cramp, but it was noticeable. The pain wouldn't go away, so I ended rolling around in my bed for the rest of the night. At about seven I decided to get up and get dressed. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a grey long sleeve shirt. Just as I put on my black boots, I heard Allison squeal.

I brushed my hair quickly before seeing what was going on. "Hi, Aunt Kate." I said from the doorway.

"Madison, good morning." She smiled at me before turning back to Allison and saying how gorgeous she was.

I sighed and went back to my room, doing my eyeliner and mascara before heading downstairs for breakfast. I hissed in pain as I grabbed the bread from its' drawer. My arm still hurt, and I still have no idea why.

I grabbed some Advil from the cupboard and the orange juice carton from the fridge. I downed the pill and the juice before grabbing my backpack and leaving without Allison.

School was actually normal today, well, mostly. The pain in my arm never went away, no matter how many Advil I took.

"Mr. Johnson? May I go to the nurse's office?" I asked.

"We have five minutes left of class, you'll be fine, Miss Argent."

"Please." I begged.

He sighed, "Okay, fine."

"Thank you." I said before grabbing my bag and quickly leaving class.

After stumbling out into the hallway, I saw someone leaning against the wall. "Derek?" I questioned and quickly went towards him.

He wasn't concentrating on me. It was like he was listening to everything around us. The bell then rang and he covered his ears, "Maddie?" He groaned, looking up at me.

"About time you noticed me." I smiled, "What's wrong, Derek?"

"I need Scott."

"I didn't know you played for the other team." I joked before he glared at me, his eyes flashing an electric blue, "I'll take you to him." I grabbed his hand and jumped away when I felt the electricity. I looked down at my hand and saw blood.

"Derek, what happened?"

"Just take me to Scott." He growled.

"Yes, sir."

We went to the parking lot and we both saw Stiles' jeep. Derek broke away from me and jumped in front of the car, making it stop. Cars behind Stiles began to honk before Derek fell to the ground and I ran over to him.

"What the hell?" Scott questioned as he came over and Stiles got out of the car.

"I found him like this. He's bleeding, Scott." I stated.

"I was shot." Derek explained.

"He's not looking too good, dude." Stiles said from behind us,

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott questioned.

"I can't. It was a different kind of bullet."

"Silver bullet?" Stiles asked and Derek looked up at him,

"No, you idiot."

"Wait. That 's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Scott said.

"What? Who-who said 48 hours?" Derek asked.

"The one who shot you." Scott answered before Derek's eyes turned blue again and he groaned, "What are you doing? Stop that!"

"I'm trying to tell you, I can't!" Derek exclaimed.