Chapter 9: Wolf's Bane

I swerved to the right and Stiles screamed. "Maybe you should slow down!"

Scott, Stiles, and I were in Derek's car with me driving on the train tracks. Behind us was my Aunt Kate, thinking that we were Derek.

"I think I need to speed up!" I smiled, checking in the rear view mirror as the car got closer.

"You're enjoying this way too much." Scott commented.

"Don't act like you don't enjoy being in a car chase." I smirked.

Stiles looked out the back window, "She's gone."

Scott looked back too and Stiles turned on the radio, "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works." Stiles' dad stated.

"Shit." I mumbled heading towards the iron works.

I spotted my dad at a high vantage point, shooting at Derek, who was hiding behind a machine. Scott opened the door and jumped into the backseat with Stiles while I yelled, "Get in!"

My dad got out a machine gun and began firing as Derek hopped in and I sped away. "Dammit! I had him!" Derek yelled.

"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles questioned.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Woah, hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles said and Derek glared at him

"Yea, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek replied, looking back at Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumb ass mistake. I get it." Scott responded.

"Hey! Stop fighting or I will turn this car around!" I yelled and the car got quiet. "Thank you. Now, Derek, how'd you find him?"

"The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Woah, woah, woah! Our chemistry teacher?" I asked, looking at Derek, "Why him?"

"I don't know yet." Derek answered.

"Whats' the second?" Scott asked.

Derek pulled a drawing out, "Some kind of symbol."

"Oh god." Scott and I moaned, taking a quick look at the photo.

"What? You know what this it?"

"I've seen it on a necklace." Scott answered.

"Allison's necklace." I finished.

"How the hell did he find out?" I asked Scott as the three of us walked down a hallway at school. Apparently, Jackson knows about Scott's secret. And he threatened to tell Allison about it if Scott doesn't figure out how to turn him.

"I have no idea."

"Did he say it out loud. The word?" Stiles questioned.

"What word?"

"Werewolf. Did he say, 'I know you're a werewolf'?" Stiles clarified.

"No, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly." Scott replied.

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone, who's gonna believe him anyway?" Stiles asked.

"How about my dad?" I told Stiles

"Okay, it's bad."

"I need a cure. Right now." Scott stated.