Chapter 41: Memories

"We are gathered here today to mourn the life of two young girls. They left too soon at the ages of sixteen and seventeen." The preacher went on, "These children of God have made an impact on this town. Would the boyfriend of the victim please step forward."

Everyone was gathered around the graves of Maddison and Allison Argent. One grave over was their mother. Aiden had his arm around Lydia, who was sobbing and dabbing her eyes with a napkin. To Aiden't right was Ethan and Danny, who were holding hands. Kira, Scott, and Stiles were next to each other on the other side of Lydia, tears in their eyes. To Stiles left was Issac, who's face held no emotion. Derek, who was standing next to Chris, took a few steps forward,

"I don't know anyone who didn't like Maddison Argent." Derek began, "She was the brightest thing in my life. When things got dark, she was there, she was the light. Maddie was passionate. She would do anything for the people she loved. Which is one of the reasons why we are here today. She sacrificed herself to save her sister, and sadly, she failed."

"What happened?" Derek asked, seeing everyone's sad faces, "Where's Maddie?"

"Derek, I wouldn't-"

Derek went past Scott and Stiles and saw Maddie and Allison on the ground, not moving.

"Maddie!" Derek kneeled next to Chris, who was between his two daughters, "No, no, no!"

He lifted Maddie's cold body from the ground and into his lap, "Wake up." He begged, rocking her body back and forth, "Wake up, please."

"Derek, she's gone." Chris stated, trying to grab his youngest daughter's body from his arms, "Derek!"

He looked up, revealing his werewolf face. Chris backed away, not wanting to make the werewolf more aggressive. Derek was quiet, trying to listen for a heartbeat. When he didn't here one, he broke down into sobs.

Everyone stood there, shocked that the big bad sour wolf was crying over a girl.

"But we aren't here to talk about her death, we're here to talk about her while she lived."

Derek wrapped his arm around Maddie's waist, kissing her neck. She was in the middle of making breakfast for them.

"Derek! You're gonna make me burn the eggs." Maddie laughed, turning around to wrap her arms around him.

"I could just eat you for breakfast instead." Derek replied, kissing her passionately.

"Maddie made me a better person. I think she made a lot of her friends better people. She's influenced all of us in some way." Derek cleared his throat and tears threatened to fall, "I remember when we first declared our love for each other. Maddie just came out of her coma. I really thought I was going to loose her. Little would I know that it would be a year later when I would actually loose her. After that, she would wake me up in the middle of the night just to tell me that she loved me.

"Psst. Derek. Derek!" Maddie whispered, poking his nose.

"What?" Derek asked, revealing one of his green eyes.

"I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too, Maddie." He replied before closing his eye.

"They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time. Let us never stop saying Maddison's name."

After placing his rose on Maddison's grave, Derek began walking towards the woods. He froze when he heard a wolf howl.

"Ah. The howl of a wolf mourning the loss of a pack mate." Peter said, stopping next to his nephew.

"There's only one thing wrong with that." Derek responded,

"What?"

"There are no wolves in California."

______________________________________________________

Still debating whether to continue this story or not. I feel like this is a good last chapter. Let me know if you want me to continue!

BTW, I just made a Tumblr account! I post updates and little sneak peaks for my upcoming chapters,

Check it out!

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jackisnotokay