Chapter 10: Co-Captain

"Allison, Maddie, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia said as Allison and I carried our bags with bow and arrows inside through the woods,

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal." Allison said,

"Did he?" Lydia asked with urgency.

"Yeah. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Alison replied.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia said.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be fine. If I were Lydia, I'd be so pissed at Allison right now. It's not cool to go with your best friend's ex-boyfriend to a dance.

"Well, yeah, I mean-It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison fired.

"Uh, about that..."

We got to a nice little spot in the woods and Allison pulled out these special arrow heads. She gave one to me and we both put it on the tip of our arrows, "What does that do?" Lydia asked.

"We're about to find out." I smiled. I aimed and fired first, Allison behind me. Both our arrows landed in a different tree, causing spark to fly out of it and the tree had a small fire.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Allison smirked.

"Well," Lydia clapped her hands and walked towards us, "that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

There was a sound in the woods and Allison turned towards it,

"Hold this." She stated, giving Lydia the bow, 

"What? Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something." Allison answered.

"So what if you heard something?" Lydia remarked.

"So I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry. It's probably nothing." Allison said, walking towards the sound.

"Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?"

"I'll shoot it." I answered, smiling.

Later on, I stood in the dressing room, wearing a dress for the winter formal. I was wearing a short, black, long sleeve dress. I sighed, pulling it down a little. I looked down at the dress, and I felt a hand on my waist.

"Nice dress."

My eyes widened and I looked up and saw Peter. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, my heart beating wildly.

"I wonder what would happen if I were to bite you. I think you'd make a wonderful werewolf." He muttered in my ear.

"Why are you here, Peter." I growled.

"To keep Derek in line. Say cheese." Peter took a picture of the two of us in the mirror.

"He would never side with you." I stated, "You killed his sister."

"As far as he knows, it was all an accident. Just like biting you will be an accident." He smiled, leaving the room,

"Buy the one you're wearing. It looks nice."

I called Derek and Scott, multiple times, and neither of them answered. I dropped my shopping bag back off at home and went to Derek's. I heard noises coming from inside and quickly ran through the front door. I saw a wolfed out Scott and Derek with Jackson.

"Stop fighting!" I yelled as Scott and Derek wolfed out. "It won't solve anything!"

All of the sudden, bullets flew through the wall. Both Scott and Derek were quick enough to get out of the way, but I was not. A pain exploded in my stomach and I fell backward. I gasped for air and Derek came over.

"Oh, god. Maddie!" He lifted me up and I screamed, "Scott! Call an ambulance!"

Derek walked outside and the guns stopped. "Madison!"

Blood began to drip out of my mouth and I cried. "Don't leave me." I whispered to Derek. "Please."

"I won't leave you. I promise."

I screamed as I was set down on Aunt Kate's car. "What'd you do to her?!" I heard Kate yell.

"You shot her!" Derek replied.

"Don't leave me." I repeated, grabbing onto Derek's hand. "Don't leave me."

Derek leaned over me, his electric blue eyes standing out in his wolfish form, and brushed a piece of hair away from my face, "I won't leave you."

"Derek, I'm scared." I cried, and he continued to stroke my hair.

"Everything is going to be okay. You're going to be okay, Maddie."

He was suddenly ripped away and I groaned. "Derek." I mumbled before I blacked out.