Chapter 16: Claws and Fangs

I watched as Issac was taken away in a police car. I felt bad for him, being blamed for something I possibly did. Scott came over and watched along with me. I went inside and Scott stayed where he was.

"Miss Argent." I looked over and saw Mr. Harris, "I missed you in chemistry today."

"Shit." I mumbled.

I sat with Stiles in detention, doing my homework. When we were let out, Stiles offered me a ride home. Just as I got into the car, my phone rang. "Allison?"

"We need to do something right now. They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and how she was bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out." Allison stated.

"Wait, what guy?" I questioned, putting the phone on speaker.

"He was dressed as a Sheriff's deputy." She answered.

"They're sending him to the station for Isaac." Stiles said.

"He was also carrying this box with something on it, like, um, like a carving or something."

"What was it?" I asked.

"Hold on, hold on. It's in one of these books. I'm taking a picture. Did you get it?" There was a ding on my phone and I looked at the photo and showed Stiles. Wolfsbane.

"Yeah, wolfsbane." I answered.

"What does that mean?" Allison questioned.

"It means they're gonna kill him." Stiles and I said at the same time.

"Allison, I need you to get your bow."

I was freaking out on the inside. I felt the pull of the moon, my control slipping by the minute. My claws came out and I dug them into my skin to keep my control. Derek met up with us at the station. I went into the back seat and Derek sat next to Stiles,

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office. The problem is getting past the front desk." Stiles explained.

"I'll distract her." Derek stated, reaching for the door handle.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you?" Stiles put his hand on Derek's shoulder to stop him, "You're not going in there." Derek glared at Stiles' hand, "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated," Derek said.

"You're still a person of interest." Stiles replied.

"An innocent person."

"An-you? Yeah, right! Okay, fine. What's your plan?" Stiles questioned.

"To distract her." Derek stated obviously.

"Uh-huh. How? By punching her in the face?"

"Heh, by talking to her."

"Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?" Stiles asked and Derek just stared at him, "Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

We followed Derek into the station, but hid behind the door. "Good evening, how can I help...you?" A women asked.

"Hi." Derek smiled, leaning against the counter.

"Hi."

"Um, I had a question. Um, sorry I'm a little-a little thrown. I wasn't really expecting someone-"

"Like me?" The women asked.

"Oh, I was gonna say "so incredibly beautiful" but, yeah, I guess that'd be the same thing." Derek replied and I growled, my claws digging into the palm of my hand more and Stiles had to drag me with him.

We went into his dad's office, but the keys were already gone. We ran into the hallway and I saw a man in a deputy's uniform with a bad leg, leaving a blood trail on the ground.

I growled at the man before he grabbed Stiles and dragged him towards a room, "Come quietly or I will kill him."

Stiles pulled the fire alarm just as we made it into the room where the holding cell was. He let go of Stiles and the three of us noticed that the cell door was open. The hunter was tackled onto a desk and Issac pushed him into the wall. Stiles hid behind another desk as I stood in the room, watching. Issac broke the man's arm and I saw the needle fall to the ground. I quickly ran over and stepped on it, breaking it. Issac knocked the hunter out and turned to me.

He pinned me to the wall and snarled at me. I stared into his big, golden eyes, feeling my fangs grow. "Issac." I stated, putting my clawed hand to his face, "It's okay. Everything's okay, just calm down."

I whimpered as he put his face closer to mine. His breath fanned my face and I moved my hand to his shoulder, digging my claws into his skin. He cried out in pain and backed away. Behind him I saw Derek. My fangs and claws disappeared as Derek roared at Issac, his eyes glowing red. Issac his himself in the corner, and when his face popped up, he was back to normal.

I pushed myself off the wall and ran over to Derek, wrapping my arms around him.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asked him.

"I'm the Alpha."