Chapter 13: I'm Scared

I'm scared. I'm honestly so scared. I don't know how to get back into my body, how to get back into the world of living.

I'm not dead, but how long will that last for? My parents only have so much money to keep the machines going.

It's been a week and Derek has visited everyday, bringing flowers. He would mostly sit there, just watching, waiting for me to open my eyes. Whenever he did speak, it caused him to have tears well up in his eyes. 

It amazed me to see Derek Hale cry.

Stiles was kind of the opposite. Lydia was in the hospital, too, having been attacked by Peter. If he got bored while visiting her, he'd come see me. He would talk on and on about all that has happened as if I wasn't dying in front of him. Every once in awhile he would tear up. I hate seeing Stiles cry.

My parents rarely visited. Just about every other day. I bet they still think I'm a traitor or something for being friends with werewolves. Allison did visit though, which I'm happy about. She told me about how she 'broke up' with Scott, just to fool our parents to think she was serious about the hunter thing.

Currently, I am walking the halls of the hospital. The visiting hours were over and I was bored. I turned the corner and saw Alexis leaning against the wall.

"I used to be like you." She sighed, "Believing I'd wake up. That my family would come and be with me."

"My family has come to be with me." I replied.

"With disgusted looks on their face." Alexis responded, "They don't like you very much."

"But my friends do."

"They'll stop coming soon enough."

I growled, "Enough!" I felt pain in my hands and I look down, seeing claws. I turn to Alexis and she screamed in horror. I sprinted back to my room and saw claws instead of fingernails on my body. What frightened me the most was my eyes. They were open.

And they were glowing purple. My body stopped breathing and I knew the nurses would run in soon.

I grabbed my hand, hoping the claws would go away. "Stop it!" I hissed.

I thought back to Scott. What made him calm down when he was wolfing out? Allison. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath,

"Derek? Where are you?" I asked, walking through the burnt Hale house.

"Come find me."

I smiled and went up the stairs where his voice came from. I walked into his room and felt arms wrap around my waist. I let out a small scream as he picked me up and twirled me around. Once Derek set me down, I turned around in his arms and kissed him.

I opened my eyes and my claws were gone from my hands and my eyes were still open, yet they were back to their hazel color. The nurses ran in and I backed myself into the wall. I slid down and wrapped my arms around my knees, sobbing into my arms.

I'm scared.

What am I turning into?