Chapter 26: Fury

I was scared, and in pain. But I wasn't going to let Matt know. I paced the length of the cage, waiting for the two to leave. To get my chance to escape. "How'd you find out?" I asked,

"Find out what? That you're a werewolf?" He replied and I nodded, "In the photos, your eyes were flashing. Just like Scott's and Issac's."

"What do you want from me? To become a werewolf, too? Well guess what, find someone else." I hissed at him.

Matt chuckled, "That's not what I want. I just want you, Maddie. Werewolf or not." He reached through the bars and stroked my cheek,

"Why me?"

"Because, you're beautiful and powerful and deserve the best things in life, Maddie." Matt smirked, "Derek or Isaac never told you that before, have they?"

I grabbed his arm pulling him against the cage, "Don't touch me."

The Kanima screamed at me and I let go of Matt, covering my ears. Matt backed away and smiled, checking the time. "Well, Jackson and I have got somewhere to be. Don't worry, we'll be back."

I waited a few minutes, making sure they weren't coming back before bending the bars. I squeezed through, freeing myself. "Time for payback." I hissed.

Using my heightened sense of smell, I found Matt inside the police station with Derek, Stiles, Scott and their parents. Quietly entering the station, I saw dead bodies. I heard talking in the back room, and I made my way there.

"I want the book." Matt demanded,

"What-what book?"

"The bestiary. Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing." He answered,

"I don't have it. It's Gerard's. What do you want it for, anyway?" Scott asked,

"I need answers."

"Answers to what?"

"To this." Matt lifted up his shirt to reveal the reptilian skin underneath,

I took a step towards him, ready to pounce, but the wood beneath me creaked. Matt spun around and shot me in the stomach. I gasped and everyone froze, "Maddie!" Derek yelled from the floor.

I stumbled backwards and leaned against the wall, gasping in pain. "Oh god, Maddie!" Matt came over to check up on me before lifting me up, "You try anything, and I kill her."

Matt brought me into another room and dropped me on the ground. "Pull the bullet out. You know you'll heal." He hissed.

I glared at him and growled, my claws coming out. I swiped at him and he shot me in the shoulder. "Bad dog." Matt growled before leaving the room.

Gasping in pain, I sat on the ground and pulled the bullets from my body, and the wounds healed quickly. I walked through the hallway, listening to the sound of Matt's voice, "And then Camden. Isaac's jarhead brother, he grabs me. He thinks it's funny."

"They threw you in." I heard Scott say to Matt,

"I-I yelled that I can't swim, but nobody listens. I go under and I swallow water, and no one cares. And I see these bodies underwater. I-I see Jessica's got her hands down Sean's board shorts. Tucker's grabbing Kara. And I'm drowning. I'm dying, and they're laughing. All of a sudden, I was just-I'm lying by the pool. And Lahey is right there, right above me, and he says, 'You tell no one! This, this is your fault! What little bastard doesn't know how to swim?' And I didn't. I didn't tell anyone. And I would see them at school, and they wouldn't even look at me. I'd wake up in the middle of the night. I'd gasp for breath. And my parents, they thought I was an asthmatic. They-they-they-they even gave me an inhaler. They didn't know that every time I closed my eyes, I-I was drowning. You know about that little white light that they talk about, you see when you die? Well, I didn't see anything. Just darkness. Everything was dark. But then - then came the Argent's funeral, and everything changed." I peered into the room and saw Matt with a gun, talking to Scott,

"I was taking some photos, and then, purely by accident, Lahey gets in one of the photos. I look down at the screen on my camera, and I just had this unbelievable rage that fills up inside of me, and I just-I look at him, and I-I wanna see him dead. And the next day, he actually was. You know, Einstein was right. Imagination is more important than knowledge. It was like something out of Greek mythology. Like-like the furies coming down to punish Orestes." Matt looked over at a confused Scott, "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?"

"Was he the guy who stabbed out his eyes?" Scott asked,

"God, that's Oedipus, you dumbass!" He yelled, "The furies are deities of vengeance. Their tears ran of blood, and they had snakes for hair. If there was a crime that had gone unpunished, the furies would do the punishing. Jackson is my fury. You know, when I saw him the next night, it was like this bond had been cemented between the two of us. I knew he had killed Lahey for me, and I knew he would do it again. So I went to Tucker's garage. I even paid for an oil change. And guess what. He didn't even recognize me. So when he wasn't looking, I took a shot of him from my camera. And in a few hours, he was dead. So I took more pictures. All I had to do was take their picture. And Jackson would take their life." Matt explained.

Suddenly, the lights went off. And an alarm began to wail, "What is this? What is this? What's happening? What's going on?" Matt yelled,

"I don't know."

Bullets rained through the windows, and I ducked down outside the room. Smoke bombs went off and I coughed. Running into a room, I found Derek on the ground, "Where's Jackson?" I asked, helping him up,

"He went after Scott and Stiles. What are you doing, Maddie? You're hurt."

"Don't worry about it." I replied

Derek then wolfed out and grabbed my arm, "We need to get out of here." We ran out to the front desk and Derek pushed me towards the door, "Get out of here, Maddie."

"What about you?" I asked,

"I'm going to go take care of that dick who shot you." He growled, walking back into the station.

"Derek!"

"Just stay there!"

I heard someone running, and I looked out the window to see Matt. Quickly exiting the station, I ran after Matt through the woods. Then he was stopped by a car and I saw my grandpa grab Matt and throw him to the ground underneath a bridge, where there was a small river. He shoved Matt into the river and began to drown him,

I gasped, watching Gerard kill a teenage boy. I grew my claws out and my fangs protruded from my gums. My purple eyes glowed as I approached Gerard. I pushed him into the water and roared.

Something hissed behind me and I turned to see the Kanima. I smirked and growled before it ran at me. I dodged its first swipe at me and clawed its back. It screamed in pain and its tail grabbed my ankle, dropping me into the water. My body went numb and I panicked. I was stuck underwater, while paralyzed.

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Pulling the unconscious girl out of the water, Peter smirked.

"My little monster."