Chapter 30: Help Me

I whimpered, backing away into the corner. I scratched the track marks on my arm, where Araya injected wolfsbane diluted with water into my veins. Araya and her family were hunters, I don't know why I didn't know that since I too came from a family of hunters.

The door opened and I pushed myself further into the wall, scared. Araya sighed, "This is for your own good, girl."

She got closer and I pulled on the chains that were around my wrists. My eyes turned purple and my fangs and claws came out. I roared and tried to attack her. Araya brought out a dart gun and shot me in the chest with a wolfsbane dart. I whined in pain and took the dart out, the wolfsbane now in my system and attacking my body.

Araya came closer, and I swiped my claws at her, cutting her arm. "Stupid bitch!" She rushed out of the room and I leaned against the wall in pain. I curled myself against the wall, waiting for the pain to disappear.

About an hour later, the door opened and I opened my eyes. I watched Mateo walk over with a sandwich and a glass of water. "Why won't you let me go?" I asked.

"Because we're helping you."

I laughed, "Helping me? That's what you think you're doing?" I turned to him, "Look at me. You're hurting me, killing me!"

"You're a monster, Amber. Trust me, we're helping you. If we destroy the thing inside you, we help everyone." Mateo replied,

"Mateo, please. I'm begging you to let me go!" I cried,

"Not until you learn to control it, Amber." Mateo then turned and left the room, leaving me with my thoughts.

I should have never trusted them.

It's been three months since I've seen anyone but Mateo and Araya. My friends. My family. They have no idea what happened to me. They probably think I ran away. Or worse. Dead. In a few days, I might be.