Chapter 21: Shut up and Listen

Allison went to talk to Ms. Morrell about the bestiary, and Stiles and I followed Lydia around. Soon Allison joined us, and so did Jackson, surprisingly. "If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?" Lydia asked as we went out into the hallway.

"Because we're meeting up with somebody else." Stiles answered.

"Hmm, well, why don't they just meet us in the library?"

"Oh, that would've been a great idea. Too late."

Lydia stopped, "Okay, hold on-"

"Lydia, shut up and walk." Jackson said, pushing her along.

We all squeezed into Stiles' jeep and he took off towards Scott's house. "If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia questioned as we walked up the front steps.

"Meeting us here, I think. I hope." I stated.

"Thanks for doing this." I heard Allison say to Jackson

"I needed to talk to her anyway." Jackson replied.

We went inside and Stiles locked the door and checked out the window, "Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." Then Stiles grabbed a chair and placed it under the doorknob, "And a murder. Yeah, it was bad."

"Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute"

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia asked herself as she followed Jackson up the stairs.

Once I heard the door closed, I listened in on their conversation, "So you never gave me back my key."

"What? Wh-y-your key? That's what you wanted to talk about?"

"Why didn't you give it back?"

"Are you kidding? I'm attacked by some lunatic who bites me. A lunatic who, by the way, still hasn't been caught. I spent two days freaked out of my mind walking around the woods naked, all of my friends are acting like total nutcases, and you expect me to be worried about some stupid key?" Lydia replied back angrily.

"So do you have the key or not?"

"Not." Lydia lied.

"You just lied to me." Jackson scoffed.

"Oh crap." I turned around and saw Stiles looking out the window,

"What?" I asked.

"Derek and his book club are here." He answered and I looked out to see Derek, Issac, Erica, and Boyd.

"Shit." I mumbled.

It was dark now, and Scott is on his way. The three of us stood my the window, watching the wolf pack waiting for us. For Lydia.

"What are you doing?"

I looked over and saw Allison on her phone, "I think-I think I have to call my dad." She answered.

"No, but if he finds you here, you and Scott-"

"I know. But what are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia." Allison replied, grabbing her crossbow.

"I got an idea. Just shoot one of 'em." Stiles said.

"Are you serious?"

"We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?" Stiles smiled.

"Okay."

"Look, they don't think we're gonna fight, so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em." Stiles said.