Chapter 28: Master Plan

I woke up, no longer in pain. I was in a bedroom in a foreign house. I smelled food coming from downstairs, and I made my way towards the smell.

"Ah, La Loba is awake." A woman with a latino accent spoke.

I cautiously made my way into the kitchen, where a small woman stood, stirring into a pot. Footsteps loudly made their way towards me and I was pinned to a wall. I opened my mouth to show my canines and growled in the man's face.

"Mateo!" Mateo backed away and smirked at me. He had longer, messy dark brown hair and stubble to match around his jar. His chocolate brown eyes pierced my very soul. The man was beautiful, to say the very least.

"Excuse my son. We didn't know whether you were dangerous or not." The woman replied. She put something into a bowl and set it onto a dusty table, "Come. Eat."

I slowly sat down and stared into the bowl of soup, "I didn't poison it, poor girl." The woman chuckled, sitting across from me.

"Why am I here?" I asked, pushing the bowl away.

A chair scraped against the wooden ground and I winced, glaring at the man. "We found you in the woods." The man answered, "Almost dead."

"Kanima venom." The woman stated, "It was in your system."

"Jackson." I whispered before standing up, "I need to go."

The man stood in my way and my eyes flashed purple, "Get out of my way."

"You can't control it."

"What?" I asked, turning to the woman,

"The wolf inside you. You can't control it. If you're not careful, your humanity will be stripped from you." She handed me a card, "If you need help, call."

I nodded and took the card and stuffed it into my jean pockets before running outside, towards town. I found myself in an old, abandoned warehouse. Inside was Gerard, Dad, Derek, Scott, and Jackson who was mid-transformation. As Derek was tossed away by Jackson, I ran over to him, "What are you doing here?" He asked me,

"I'm helping."

"Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

I heard an arrow fly and I turned to see Allison with her bow and Isaac on the ground with an arrow in his shoulder, "Allison?" Scott grabbed Isaac and pulled him away while my dad shot at Jackson.

Derek's eyes turned red and his sideburns grew, "Stay here."

Peeking out from behind the crates, I saw all my friends as werewolves, and they surrounded a fully transformed Jackson. They all fought, but Jackson always managed to push them away. When Derek was on the ground and Issac stood to take another chance at the Kanima, Allison came over and stabbed him in the back. I growled and stood up, making my way over to her. I kicked her in the back, making her fall over. When she stood up and came back at me, "Don't make me hurt you." She stated.

"It's not me I'm worried about." I replied before Jackson appeared and grabbed her neck.

"Not yet, sweetheart." Gerard replied, making his way into the room,

"What are you doing?"

"He's doing what he came here to do." Scott answered.

"Then you know." Gerard responded,

"What's he talking about?" I questioned,

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?" Gerard asked Scott.

"He's dying."

"I am. I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does." Gerard stated,

"You monster." I hissed at him, crouching next to Derek, a hand on his back.

"Not yet." He smirked at me,

"What are you doing?" Allison exclaimed and Jackson tightened his hold on her,

"You'll kill her too?" Dad asked Gerard

"When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son!" Gerard looked over, "Scott."

"Scott, don't." I growled, trying to control myself,

"You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an Alpha." Derek stated.

I stood up as Scott approached us, "I won't let you do this, Scott."

"I'm sorry, Maddie."

And arm wrapped around me and I was pulled away, "No! Scott! No! Please!"

"He knows that the ultimate prize is Allison. Do this small task for me, and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love." Gerard said.

"Scott, don't! Don't!" Derek begged as Scott dragged him to Gerard,

"I'm sorry. But I have to."

Scott bent Derek backwards, his mouth open. Gerard rolled up his sleeve and placed it in Derek's mouth. I winced hearing Gerard's yell of pain. Derek fell to the ground and I broke out of my dad's arms and over to Derek. I looked up at Gerard and noticed that his bite mark was bleeding black. Like when Derek was shot months ago with a wolfsbane bullet, "What? What is this? What did you do?" Gerard yelled at Scott,

"Everyone said Gerard always had a plan. I had a plan too." Scott replied,

Gerard fished out his capsule filled with pills, "No. No." He crushed the pills in his hand, "Mountain ash!"

Gerard fell to his knees and black blood began running down his face, leaking from his nose, ears, and eyes. When a fountain of the black liquid burst from his mouth, I buried my face into Derek's shirt.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Derek asked and I looked up again to see Gerard on the ground,

"Because you might be an Alpha, but you're not mine." Scott answered,

"Kill them! Kill them all!" Gerard ordered Jackson.

Jackson let go of Allison and she elbowed him in the face. Jackson knocked her to the ground before a car broke through the wall and hit him. "Did I get him? Whoa!" Stiles cheered from the driver's seat.

Then the Kanima jumped onto the hood of the car and Lydia screamed. The two got out of the car and Stiles ran over to Scott while Lydia turned to the Kanima, "Jackson! Jackson." Just before Jackson attacked, Lydia held up a key.

Jackson then started to turn back into himself. I began helping Derek stand as Jackson took the key from Lydia's fingers. Jackson backed away and Derek sprinted forward as another person ran up behind Jackson. Peter.

The two stabbed Jackson with their claws. Once they dropped him, Jackson began to fall to the ground and Lydia caught him.

"Do you-do you still-" Jackson choked,

"I do. I do still love you. I do, I do still love you. I do. I do. I do still love you, I do." Lydia sobbed,

Jackson collapsed against her and the key fell to the ground. She laid him down gently, then the rest of his reptilian skin disappeared. He was now Jackson again. Just Jackson.

"Where's Gerard?" Allison asked and I turned to see where his body used to lay, was gone.

"He can't be far." Dad answered,

I walked over to Lydia and comforted her. She stood up and began to walk away and I placed my hand on Jackson's chest.

"Everything will be okay." I whispered.