Chapter 35: Masks

I was able to bust the door open and Isaac was laying in the middle of the room. The three of us ran over to him and I touched his face, "He's freezing. Dad, he's like ice." I stated,

"Isaac, look at me. Isaac." Dad tried to get him to look at his face,

"What's happening to him?" Allison asked,

"Isaac, come on. Isaac, listen. You have to turn. Look at me. You need to trigger it. Come on. Turn! Turn!" Dad yelled, slapping him, "Turn!

Isaac growled and his eyes turned gold before turning back, and he leaned against the bed, "Did you see them?"

"Who?" Allison asked,

"There were five of them. They wore black. I couldn't... I couldn't see their faces. They were covered." Isaac cried,

"What do you mean? Like masks?"

"One of them... I could see his eyes. They were greenish-yellow. Like a... Like a firefly." Isaac described,

"Security system wasn't triggered." Dad said, checking the windows,

"Then how did they get in?" Allison asked,

"They didn't. It was like they came out of the shadows." I said, "Do you know what that means? Dad?"

"Um... I'm not sure. Listen, the three of you... I need you to keep this quiet for a few hours." Dad ordered,

"From everyone?" Isaac sniffled,

"Just 24 hours."

I brought Isaac over to my bathroom while Allison talked to my dad. "You're going to stay here tonight." I told Isaac, starting the shower for him, "Strip."

"What?"

"Strip. You're freezing, Isaac. The shower will warm you up." I stated.

The next night, I wore only my black lacy bra and white booty shorts with combat boots. Swirls and dots of different colors were painted across my face, neck, and stomach while my lips were painted light blue and I had eyeliner that shined purple. I decided to take a risk, since it was Halloween, and let my eyes glow purple.

I was in the middle of the dance floor, dancing with Isaac in front of me and Aiden behind me. I leaned my head back on Aiden's shoulder as his claws dug into my hips. Isaac nibbled on my collarbone while Aiden ran his fangs over my neck. I grabbed both of the boys' hair and pulled.

All of my senses were enhanced. I could hear all the heartbeats in the room and I could feel the room shaking from the beat of the song. I could also smell all the hormones from all the horny teenagers. Along with mine and the boys around me.

For once, I felt in control.

I closed my eyes and smiled. But when I opened them, I was surprised. In the doorway, was Derek. And he was staring right at me. I watched him walk over to the DJ and throw his equipment to the ground, making the music stop.

"Get out!" Derek yelled and everyone made a break towards the door.

Aiden and Isaac separated from me and Aiden went to go find his brother while Isaac went over to Scott. Masked figures appeared and they all turned to me. They began walking towards me and the werewolves in the room turned and began fighting them.

My fangs and claws grew and I stood in a fighting position, waiting for one to come to me. Aiden and Isaac ran in front of me to protect me and one of the figures took a sword out of its body. "Let it come!" I ordered the boys, and they stepped aside.

Two figures appeared behind me and I heard Derek yell, "Maddie, no!"

I swiped my claws at them, not able to hurt them. "Who sent you?" I growled as I kicked one away.

Aiden distracted the other one, who grabbed onto him, and seemed to be in a trance. I was pinned to the wall and looked into its eyes,

"Firefly." I whispered as it grabbed onto a spot behind my ear and I screamed,

My body was cold and I couldn't move. I heard the roars of the other werewolves in the room before the sunlight shined onto the figures, making them disappear. I collapsed into someone's arms and my eyes closed, "It's going to be okay, Maddie." I heard Derek whisper.