Chapter 29: Departure

I woke up surrounded by blood. No, I wasn't on my period. This was something else's blood. I grabbed the bag that I stashed in a tree and pulled out an extra pair of clothes. After cleaning myself up in a stream, I made my way home.

As I walked down my street, I pulled out the card and my phone.

"Si?"

"I need help."

Once I closed my suitcase, I grabbed my phone and left the house, not saying goodbye to my father or sister. Derek moved back into the Hale House, and that was where I was heading.

Tears filled my eyes and I walked towards Derek, "Maddie? What are you doing here?"

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.

Derek put his hands on my arms and bent down to look me in the eyes, "What's wrong?"

"I'm leaving."

His eyes widened, "W-What?"

"My dad is taking Allison and I to France." I continued.

"Well, when are you going to be back?" Derek asked,

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about," I grabbed his hands, "I might not be coming back."

Derek stood there, silent, and I continued, "It might be for the summer. It might be forever. I don't know. But Derek, I don't want you to wait for me."

"That's crazy, Maddie. You might be coming back." Derek replied,

"But I also might not, Derek. I love you, I really do, but I don't want you thinking that I'm coming back." I said.

"You can't stop me from waiting for you." Derek stated,

I sighed, "I guess not. But I wish you wouldn't."

"I will, Maddie. I'll wait for you till the end of time." He said before kissing me passionately.

Derek grabbed the back of my thighs and lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He sat down on the old couch and I was placed on his lap. Derek took my top off me before attacking my neck, biting a sensitive part on the side of my jugular.

"Derek!"

I set down my suitcase on the porch and knocked on the door. I sighed, staring down at the card. Tears fell down my face as the door opened and I looked into caramel eyes,

"Welcome back, La Loba."

"You can call me Amber."