Chapter 17: Date in the Woods

I stood in the mirror, smoothing down my winter formal dress. Derek texted me this morning to wear it tonight. He said we're going on a date. Luckily no one was home so I wasn't questioned for wearing my dress.

The doorbell rang and I smiled. I quickly put on heels and grabbed my jacket and purse before going to the front door. I opened it and gasped, Derek was wearing a suit. "Oh my gosh."

"You look beautiful." Derek smiled, holding his arm out.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I replied, taking his arm.

We brought me over to the car and pulled something out of his pocket. It was a blindfold. "What's that for?" I asked before he tied it around my head. "What are you doing?" I questioned, touching the blindfold.

"It's a surprise, Maddie. Hence the blindfold." Derek replied, grabbing my hand and leading me into the car.

After driving for about ten minutes, the car stopped and he helped me out. We walked for a while before he stopped me, "Okay, take it off."

I quickly pulled the blindfold off and gasped. We were in the woods and there were candles lit everywhere and there was a set of speakers playing slow music. In the middle of the candles was a picnic blanket with champagne glasses.

"Derek, this is beautiful." I said as his arms wrapped around me from behind.

"You didn't get to go to your winter formal, so I decided to kind of make one for you." He stated.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, "You're the best." After many hours of dancing, talking, and kissing, it was time to go home. It was nearly midnight and I knew my sister would get worried.

"Thank you for the wonderful night." I smiled when Derek parked down the street from my house,

He didn't want to get spotted by my grandpa or my parents. That will cause an argument and possibly end in murder. "Anything for you." Derek said before kissing me.

I laughed and put my hand in his hair, pulling him closer. Derek put his hands on my hips and dragged me over the middle console and onto his lap. I dragged my hands through his hair and he hissed in pain. I pulled my hands back and saw the claws replacing my nails. I quickly put my hands behind me.

"I'm so sorry!" Derek pulled his hand from his head and there was a small trace of blood, "I haven't clipped my nails in a while."

"It's fine." He laughed, rubbing his hands up and down my thighs. I kissed him softly one last time before reaching over and grabbing my stuff.

"I'll see you later?" Derek asked.

"Definitely." I smiled.