|Vobi| Puzzle Piece

A/N: soulmate au because they're adorable so why not??

-

Tobi breathed a gentle sigh of relief as soon as he stepped out of the school building. It's finally the weekend. With several difficult tests crammed into this week, the days appeared to go on forever. The sun was shining brightly above him in the cloudless blue sky, causing him to squint against its harsh rays.

Tobi began to walk the all too familiar path to his home. Contentedness comforted his stress as he passed the pretty nature of flowers and trees that he had known for so long. His aching, sore feet only made him more eager to get home for a well-deserved break.

Just a few block of houses and small streets separated the school from Tobi's home. He liked this place. It was nicely decorated with pretty pink rose bushes and several lush green trees were dotted around the place messily, but they seemed to be in perfect places.

A small, faint sound caused Tobi to pause in his steps. He gazed around worriedly. It came again. It was quiet; a weak whimper that was hardly audible. Despite how quiet it was, the noise seemed to stand out massively against the casual gentle rustling of leaves and peaceful songs of birds.

His breath hitched slightly as Tobi noticed to his right, a small boy with his head in his knees. The way his body was curled up from everything else, his muscles tense, made Tobi wonder why anyone would try to hide away from this beautiful place. The boy's petite body racked with shaky breaths, making it clear as day that he was crying.

Tobi wasn't sure what to do. He would either try and help, or just carry on walking. Would the stranger be scared of him if he approached? But he definitely couldn't leave him all alone, upset. Especially when it's Friday. Friday's were usually happy days for Tobi. It was day that brought an end to the school week, ending in a peaceful few days of rest and relaxation. He was always more upbeat and cheerful on a Friday.

So the first option it was.

"Hey..." Tobi murmured softly. His voice was quiet, but loud enough to make sure he could be heard. Tobi frowned as the sobbing boy ignored him, as if he wasn't there at all. But then he looked up. Dark, innocent eyes, glassy with tears stared back at him. He shuffled backwards, his back quietly thumping against a thick trunk of a shady tree. Tobi vaguely recognised the small boy as a kid in his year.

"G-Go away..." The stranger's voice was raspy and weary with emotion. Tobi searched his mind urgently for words to say. "I'm not leaving until I make sure you're okay," he made sure to speak softly. "I'm fine," the dark-haired boy muttered.

Tobi raised a brow. "Sure you are," he chuckled sarcastically. "Don't laugh at me." That caught Tobi by surprise. "Listen," he murmured, slowly sitting down under the shade of the large tree opposite him, making sure not to get too close, just in case. "Just talk to me. Let it out. Trust me - it helps."

The boy sniffed, looking up once more before shyly wiping his tears from his cheeks. "You don't have to waste y-your time on me..." He stammered, not daring to make eye contact with Tobi. "I'm not wasting my time. Go ahead." Tobi gave him a reassuring smile.

"Well..." The boy began to pick at the grass timidly, plucking a small daisy. Its once beautiful petals were withered and dry, half of them missing, as if it had been trampled on by careless footsteps. "It's just, the other people at school... They always make fun of me a-and call me ugly and things much worse." Tobi frowned in disgust at the other people's actions towards such an innocent, fragile person. But he wasn't exactly the best at comforting people.

"I don't see anything wrong with you. Even though I literally met you like 5 minutes ago, I know for certain you're a beautiful person on the inside. Those people who were mean to you, they're the ugly ones. It doesn't matter how you look. They're just jealous of how beautiful you truly are." Despite how incredibly corny that speech was, Tobi was relieved to see a smile spread across the boy's tear-stained face. His entrancing chocolate eyes lit up.

His beautiful smile was as warm as sunshine. It was contagious.

"I don't even know your name, but I know that you're a better person than those bullies. Don't let them bother you." The boy sniffled, straightening. The watery light of the sun that splintered through the leaves of the tree dappled his dark hair with gold. "I'm Vik. And thank you."

"Tobi." The name rang through Vik's mind like an alarm clock early in the morning. He was sure not to forget that name. "You're welcome." The grinning boy stood up, extending his arm in front of Vik to help him up. He took Tobi's hand appreciatively.

Their hands fit perfectly together like a puzzle piece. The warmth of Tobi's larger hand was comforting. A sudden feeling sparked in Vik's chest, spreading quickly like a wildfire all across his body. The feeling was hard to explain, but it made the remainder of his sadness vanish, replacing it with contentedness and love.

Their eyes met.

Could it be? Vik had pretty much given up on finding a soulmate. The crooked taunts would come. The twisted laughs. Cruel jeers and jokes. But now, warmth caressed every feeling of fear and anxiety, chasing it away like a loyal dog.

"Vik..." Tobi breathed. His dark brown eyes were glued to their joined hands. "D-Do you think-" Vik cut him off with a smile of happiness. "Yes..." They gazed into each other's eyes.

"You're my soulmate."

-

That was so cheesy wtf

Anyway, if you enjoyed reading this, please leave a vote! As always, i appreciate your feedback! Your support on my recent chapters have been really heartwarming! Thank you!