|KSimon| Nothing

//did you guess it'd be ksimon? x3\\

//but the ksimon shippers are spreading, mY fAm\\

--

There's an empty space.

I stare blankly at where I last saw the missing individual, close, right next to me. Instead, there's nobody. Nothing. The unfamiliarity felt strange; foreign.

I sit there for seconds, minutes, puzzled and dumbfounded. JJ never left the bed until I was awake. JJ never changed the little things he does, especially with me.

Not unless something was wrong.

The unoccupied side of my bed was cold, as if he had been gone for a while now.

I drag myself out of bed and grab my phone, running my fingers through my messy hair as I hastily rush downstairs in search for him. "JJ?" I murmur, looking around. I'm certain he just had somewhere to be.

But he would've told me.

I shake my head, clearing my mind as quickly as possible. I was just freaking out. As always. There was just this hollow feeling - anticipation hung in the air like a heavy fog.

Josh is in the kitchen, phone in hand and a half-empty box of cereal beside him. He glances up at me as I stumble inside the kitchen. "Where's JJ?" I ask instantly, the question ringing through my mind as if it was my only priority.

"I thought he was with you," Josh replies in his usual nonchalant way.

When he sees my horror stricken face, he stands up and smiles at me sympathetically, as if I was some helpless little kid. "Look, maybe you should just...calm down."

My fists clench, before I force myself to relax and heave an exasperated sigh, my eyes flickering towards the floor. "I'm sorry," I mutter quietly, flopping down on the seat next to him. "I sound like an obsessive girlfriend."

"You are an obsessive girlfriend," Josh retorts sarcastically.

I roll my eyes, unlocking my phone swiftly and immediately finding JJ's contact. I send a message, my note of 'not sounding too urgent' failing epically.

"Hey, its been a busy week. Let's play Fifa, get your mind off a few things," Josh suggests with a grin, and not a bullshit kind of smile.

I shove my phone in my pocket and nod briefly.

When I check my phone, my jaw clenches at what I saw.

'message read 10 mins ago.'

Josh glances at my screen quickly, but long enough for me to catch him. "Rematch?" I frown and keep telling myself over and over again, that he was probably just busy, I'm just being over attached.

I take a deep breath. "Rematch."

After a few games, the sound of the front door opening and closing causes me to perk up. Me and Josh exchange glances. Within seconds, I'm at the door.

My steps come to halt as I see JJ.

But it's not the same.

It's like there is this gloomy cloud shrouding over him, a darkness that engulfed him, concealing his usual, carefree self. He didn't look up at me, didn't smile, didn't say anything.

He just grit his teeth and shouldered past me forcefully before storming up the stairs. "JJ?"

Josh gently placed him hand on my shoulder. "I think it's best if we just-"

Ignoring him, I race up the stairs after JJ, just in time to come face to face with a slammed door. The sound of the lock comes from the inside. "JJ?!" I exclaim desperately, practically slamming at the locked door.

There's no reply, even after several attempts of barging through the door and pleadingly calling his name in hopes for a response.

Nothing.

to be continued.. (;