|ChrisMShaw| Flower

//request

Harry's eyes were fixated to Chris' sparkling pair of deep blues. There was something about his flawless, lopsided smile that Harry couldn't quite put his finger on. He was recording a football video with him and a few of the other sidemen. Harry wasn't even sure what they were actually doing because he was too busy fantasising about Chris and his entrancing eyes, contagious smile...

"Harry, it's your turn." The familiar sound of Simon's voice snapped Harry out of his daydream. Harry cocked his head a little, his eyebrows lifted slightly in puzzlement. A knowing smirk tugged at the corner of Simon's lips. "Crossbar," he explained briskly, gazing at Harry with a smug expression, as if he understood why Harry seemed so distracted and confused.

Harry brushed off Simon's suggestive look and nodded, drawing in a small, quiet sigh before briefly running up to the ball and giving it a powerful kick with his foot. He watched with satisfaction as it sprang off the grass and weightlessly into the air, but then his proud grin faltered as the ball flew far off from the crossbar and over the metal barriers of the football pitch. Snickers of teasing laughter could be heard from behind the camera, making Harry's cheeks tingle in embarrassment.

"Nice accuracy, mate," JJ remarked sarcastically, before being ushered away by Simon. He turned to Harry with an apologetic smile and gently placed a hand on Harry's shoulder, wiggling his eyes brows as he smirked cheekily. "Listen, I've seen the way you look at Chris - I get it. Gettin' a bit gay here, are we?" He joked, his blue eyes glimmering humorously in the bright sunlight. Perhaps if Simon wasn't so much intimidatingly taller than Harry, he would've thought twice about making fun of him.

"Says you," Harry scoffed dismissively, glancing towards JJ. Harry received a playful nudge from Simon. "Shut up, you said you'd keep it a secret!" He hissed. Before Harry could reply, Chris waved to him with a friendly grin on his perfect face. "Hey, Harry! Cmon, I'll come with you to get the ball back."

Harry gulped. He wasn't prepared for this. Simon gave him a mocking pat on the back, grinning widely. "Good luck!" He whispered. Harry glared at the taller boy before hurrying over to join Chris.

Harry felt awkward and uncomfortable as he and Chris strolled towards where the ball had landed, somewhere amongst the lush green foliage of bushes and clumps of ferns. Some of the rustling leaves dripped with dew. "To be fair, that was a great shot to get it all the way over here," Chris chuckled, straightening his bright red Arsenal top. Harry smiled at his compliment, butterflies swarming into his stomach.

"I can see it. I'll get it," Harry volunteered, jerking his head towards where the ball was, its fluorescent colours standing out against the dull, shadowy green. Harry crouched, extending his arm cautiously to fish out the ball from the bushes. He grunted as he caught a grip on the spherical object, dragging it out. He grinned at his achievement, standing up straight.

When he glanced up, he realised that Chris had disappeared. Harry looked around worriedly, clutching the ball in his arms. "Chris?" He murmured. At the sound of his name, the shorter boy emerged from around a tree, a pretty flower between his fingers. "I got you something," Chris said with an adorable smile.

Blushing, Harry took it and stared at it, grinning wider than ever. Its delicate petals were a beautiful bright cyan colour, which reminded Harry of Chris' attention-snatching eyes. "Thank you, Christoph."

"You're welcome, Harold," Chris replied, chuckling a little. "Let's get back before the others think we're dead," he added, flashing another one of his signature smiles that made Harry blush even more profusely. Harry nodded, following him with a grin of glee as he held the fragile flower in his hand.

Short, sweet and of course - cheesy. Just the way I like it! Cheers for requesting it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Love you guys! <3