|Wroetofreezy| Truth or Dare

oh look. more drunken scenes.
oh look. i just realised most chapters featuring harry is when he's drunk.

i'm running out of ideas, it's hard to be original these days ok

-

We're all crammed inside our flat at a time way past midnight.

It's stuffy inside, the heavy scent of alcohol flooding the whole place. Everything's a mess - countless empty beer bottles littered the furniture. We were drunk like teenagers.

Everyone is sat in a small circle in the centre of the room. Beside me, Harry downs the last gulp of a beer bottle and waves it around.

"Alright, truth or dare. No chickens. If you refuse I get to smash a bottle across your head and get zero blame if you end up with concussion," he snickers drunkenly.

"Don't you think this is a bit childish...?" Tobi murmurs, doubt laced in his tipsy voice. "Since we're the most sober, me and Tobi will keep watch and make sure no one actually gets concussion," Josh suggests.

"You snake. You're only doing that because you don't wanna play," JJ scoffs. Simon nods in agreement, but that's not a surprise. He always agrees with everything JJ says, since he's so whipped.

"And because he's daddy af," Ethan laughs boisterously, earning a glare from Josh.

"Whatever. Let's just start already," Harry mutters. He observes the circle with narrowed eyes, scanning every individual briefly until his eyes landed on Simon.

"Simon goes first!" He exclaims.

"Wait, what?" Simon pouts mid-drink. "Don't I get a say in this?"

"Nope. Truth or dare?"

Simon hesitates, passes his half empty drink to JJ and smiles innocently. "Truth." Opposite him, Ethan tuts. "Pussy."

JJ drapes an arm around Simon protectively, downing his drink in a single gulp. "I'd rather you call him a dick than a pussy," he remarked, voice slurred to a point where some you could only just make out his words.

I catch Ethan roll his eyes. "We get it, JJ. You're gay."

"Alright, alright, just ask the question already," Tobi sighs as if he's questioning his life and why he even hangs out with us.

"Okay. Hmm... Have you ever fallen in love?" Josh asks with a wiggle of the eyebrows.

Everyone groans in protest and meanwhile, Simon's face lights up. "Yeah," he chuckles. "With JJ."

Ethan makes gagging noises and everyone else erupts with laughter for no particular reason. "Stop feeding them."

In the midst of all this, I'm in a world of my own, gazing dreamily at Harry, his lightly coloured hair tousled messily. Even like this, he's still effortlessly adorable.

"You're just jealous," JJ huffs.

"Shut up. It's Cal's turn. Truth or dare?" Harry looks at me and I've immediately forgot what's going on. My eyes dart away from his pure cerulean ones. "Umm, dare."

"I dare you to kiss Harry!" Ethan exclaims suddenly, flashing a wink in Harry's direction.

His words echo through my mind for a bit and I feel my face reddening. "I meant to pick truth."

JJ raises an empty bottle threateningly.

"But that's a bit too far..." I glance pleadingly at Josh and Tobi, but instead they have popcorn between them, watching me closely and expectantly.

I roll my eyes in disbelief and glance nervously at Harry. He shrugs as if it doesn't bother him, but I could tell without a second thought that it really does.

"Me and JJ can demonstrate for you," Simon's infectious laugh fills the room and soon enough everyone joins in.

My mind is having trouble figuring out what the fuck is going on.

I giggle nervously. Harry runs his fingers carelessly through his hair. "Alright. Let's get this over with then, I guess," a sheepish, lopsided smile tugs at his kissable lips.

I mean of course I wanted to. But not in front everyone else.

Before I could say anything, Harry leans in close without hesitation and closes the unwanted gap between our lips. Everyone's cheers and laughter are drowned out. It's short and meaningless to everyone else, but to me, it's everything.

The kiss lasted a second longer than I expected it to. Harry seemed to want more, that, or he's just had a beer too many.

-

shitty ending but it's like almost 2 am.

this should've been |Wroetofreezy (ft KSimon)| but that'd be too long. ;)