|Calstar| Blind Date

//request
The amount of Vik ships in this book though..

Vik stuffed his hands deep into the warm pockets of his hoodie, leaning impatiently against a brick wall, the colourful illegible graffiti faded and frayed from age and the rain. Vik exhaled softly, his shaky breath visible as a small, faint cloud that swirled in the air before vanishing seconds later. It was about early evening, the sky was a dull, depressing grey and the air was obnoxiously cold.

Josh had forced Vik to go on something called a 'blind date' with someone named Callum somewhere in the middle of the gloomy, cloudy nowhere. Josh insisted that Vik should meet someone new; nonsense like that. He'd much rather stay inside where it was warm and comfy, and safe from anyone else.

This Callum clearly had no sense of time. Last time Vik checked, he was now fifteen minutes late. He began to think it was just some sick joke, and just when Vik was just about to stand up straight and leave, a tall figure approached him. An apologetic, shy smile was plastered on the stranger's face. "Hey - you must be Vik. My friend Harry told me to meet you here? I'm really sorry I'm late."

Vik blinked, observing Cal closely. His light hair was perfectly tousled and was outlined in a pale grey from the dull light. He had bright eyes that gleamed with guiltiness and the cutest accent ever. Vik just smiled and shrugged. "It's fine," he replied. It wasn't fine. Fifteen minutes out in the cold waiting for someone he had never seen or heard before. Although he couldn't help but notice the fact that Cal kept why he was late a secret.

"You look cold," Cal remarked, a timid, lopsided grin on his face. Vik raised a brow. "Really?" He wasn't sure if that sounded sarcastic or inquisitive, but didn't care either way. He just wanted to get this over with. Reluctantly, Cal began to take off his silky scarf and wrapped it snugly around Vik's neck.

Vik smirked slightly. "We're not in a cliché movie, y'know," he commented. Cal shrugged, grinning as his hands slipped into his pockets. "But, thanks." Cal's smile widened and he blushed lightly at the other boy's words. "Your welcome."

"So," Vik paused for a heartbeat, not really knowing what to say. He wasn't exactly a professional at talking to new people. In fact, he was quite antisocial and was surprised at how smooth and cool he had been so far. "Where are we headed?"

Cal bit gently at his bottom lip, deep in thought. "Hmm..." He hummed. Vik quickly looked away to avoid staring. "I suppose we could go for a coffee or something basic and simple like that." Vik smiled and returned his gaze to the taller boy with a small nod. "I'd like that - I like basic and simple."

They shared yet another smile, having a friendly, blithe conversation until they reached the closest coffee shop - a small, cosy looking place tucked away in a corner of a street. It was warm inside and had a nice, uplifting atmosphere. Sweet scents lingered in the air and two or three pairs of people were sat down on chairs, chatting somewhat quietly to each other.

After receiving their drinks, a Cal and Vik sat down at a table. Cal watched as steam drifted into the air like thin fingers searching aimlessly for something. Something, but what?  "So, why'd you come here anywhere? I mean like, on this 'date' - um, if you could call it that," Vik added quickly. Cal's significant smile faltered slightly at the unexpected question. He wasn't prepared for that.

The familiar sparkle in his deep blue eyes seem to fade, as if he was remembering something he wanted to forget. "I...I don't really want to talk about that," he murmured, his voice dry with a foreign emotion. Vik frowned, regretting that he had asked that. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Cal simply smiled again, his eyes lighting up with the same cheerfulness as before. "No, it's fine. Just... Things happen, y'know? We have to move on wether we like it or not." Vik nodded a little awkwardly, taking a sip from his coffee but instantly wished he hadn't because the hot liquid burned the tip of his tongue. He played it cool, trying not to wince.

-

Cal gazed at Vik with his captivating bright blue eyes. "Thank you for today. I'm glad you waited for me. This is the most happiness I've felt in a while," he murmured gratefully. Truthfulness glittered in his gaze. Vik felt like he was becoming more and more infatuated with his eyes; just Cal in general.

Vik only smiled back, and to Cal, it was better than words. Both felt sad that they had to say goodbye. They quickly exchanged phone numbers. "Let's meet up some other time, yeah?" Vik sighed quietly. Cal nodded.

Vik reached up on his tip-toes and leaned in closer to kiss Cal on the cheek, taken slightly aback when Cal turned so that instead of connecting with his cheek, their lips joined instead. How didn't I see that coming? Vik remarked to himself.

He would let Cal off on that one. After the short, sweet, kiss they broke apart, too soon for Vik's liking. Cal smirked, mischief and affection showing in his blue eyes. "See you later, Vik." And just like that, he turned the other way and began to walk off, out of Vik's sight.

Vik smiled, blushing before realising he still had Cal's scarf. He shrugged lightly, pretending that it was only because Cal was too far away to catch up with that he'd keep the scarf, when really he liked it and would cherish it forever. It would resemble the first time they met and the sneaky kiss they shared.

Woop! Double upload. Feeling kinda productive today. As always, thank you so, so much for all the support! We've reached 1K views and almost 100 votes!!! I'm amazed at how well this book is doing considering I've only started it a few weeks ago. Without you guys' support, I probably wouldn't be writing as much, and that's a shame because writing makes me feel happy! So once more I want to say a huge thanks!! Love you. <3