|KSimon| Friends

trying be as productive as possible, and not make them half-assed. i'm just dealing with some drama atm and right now i'm twice as much of an angry cinnamon roll who needs someone to talk to.

ksimon makes me feel better though.

-

They'd always say they're 'just friends', even though everyone is a hundred percent certain that their endless love - and lust - for each other was undeniable.

Everything was grey.

The bleak sky was covered completely with a limitless dull grey cloud. Hardly any light seemed to shine on the amazing city that is London. Especially at this time of year.

An icy breeze swept past, causing me to shudder for a slight second. A familiar figure stands alongside me. I recognise him immediately as if he's permanently written in my brain. Maybe because he is.

The tall, lanky frame drapes a long arm around my neck lazily, pulling me closer. I sank into his priceless warmth gratefully, letting out a weary sigh and breathing in his recognisable scent.

"Oi!"

A shrill, though lighthearted voice snaps us from the intimate moment we were sharing. We turn to face Ethan, who was smiling smugly. Simon's arm drops down from my shoulders, much to my disappointment.

"You guys can cuddle once you get home, and probably have some cheeky bum sex afterwards, but in case you haven't noticed, PDA is highly discriminated in the public and I'd rather you not get strange looks from passing strangers."

I roll my eyes at Ethan's snarky comment - admittedly, his suggestion wasn't particularly a bad idea - and before I can say the common, predictable phrase, Simon does. "For the last time, we're just friends," he mutters firmly, and for a split second, I believe him.

That was a deep, dark place I would not like to visit.

Ethan snorts, glancing impatiently at his watch. I read his thoughts deftly. Taxi's late.

"That's what you always say, even after we catch you down each other's pants."

Simon's face reddens, but me, on the other hand, I completely dismiss Ethan with a careless roll of my eyes.

"You're just always at the wrong place at the wrong time," Simon denies defiantly. Vik appears from thin air, smirking slightly with a knowing glance at us and Ethan.

"Admit it, guys," Vik chuckles. "I find it cute. Why should you be embarrassed about it?"

"Oh, would you look at that!" I murmur sarcastically. "The taxi's arrived."

~~~

"There's not much point in pretending anymore, Simon," I huff in annoyance. I jump up to sit on the island of our kitchen. Simon sighs softly. "You've got a point, those nosy bastards won't let us hear the end of it."

"Well, I mean... do you want to hide this? Us? Because it's always you who denies us being together."

Simon gives a shocked expression, before drawing in a sharp, hasty breath. "It's not going like that. I'm just a little...worried. I don't want anyone invading on our privacy, not like that's happened already," he muttered the last part.

"It's been 3 years. It's time we stopped denying it," I suggest with a small shrug. Since I was sitting on the island, I seemed taller than Simon.

"I've liked you for way more than that. You were just too dumb and oblivious to notice," Simon added, raising a brow at me mischievously. The corner of his mouth quirks up, forming a perfect dimpled smile that I want to frame and put on my wall forever.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, our fingers lacing together automatically. I pulled him closer and he leans his body between my legs. He lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around my body. I place my hand on the back of his neck, inching him closer.

Our lips connect without hesitation. As our head move slowly in sync, my hand travels up from Simon's neck until my fingers are tangled in his dirty blonde hair.

Our kiss deepens, his tongue slipping sneakily inside my mouth, exploring every corner but still wanting more.

A flash that lasts for a mere second flickers throughout the room, causing us to look up.

Vik is stood at the doorway, phone in hand. He grins sheepishly. "Woops. Forgot to turn flash off, sorry," he chuckles, before dashing away before we could decapitate him.