The Funeral

DANI

"It's always made me curious how life works." I started standing above the crowd of many people.

It was a few days later and now I was saying a eulogy for my dead best friend. Dan was here, Josh, Jess, Wendy, so many more people enjoy knew her.

"How quickly one can go from life to death, now for me I've always came back to life and been fine." I said my voice as strong as I could make it.

"But it's not like that for everyone, it wasn't like that for Heather." I said my eyes going to the picture of her.

"She was always a ball of life and flirtyness." Dan chuckled as that one a little.

"Always laughing and smiling, lighting up the room with some horrible joke but she was herself." I kept going holding the podium.

"In just her last day, she was telling me how much I needed to be less crazy, it's not like she was much better anyways." I said as the crowd laughed at that one also.

"But as I stand here, I realize that this is what life is your happy and smiling and then your gone."

"But the simple thought is heart breaking on so many levels, how fast you can leave this earth and never come back." I said small tears in my eyes to fall down my cheeks.

"I will miss her a lot, she was the one person I've always been able to count on that wasn't my twin."

"But I was also taught that all things happen for a reason and so I've come to the conclusion there must be one now."

"That's gonna take time to figure out but I will one day, and until then I am sorry for the loss of her." I finished and walked away to my waiting brothers arm.

I got some applause but I didn't even want to be part of this world right now so. I wanted to be back in my bed but I was walked to my seat.

With Dan who spoke soft words in my ear to try and cheer me up. The rest was a blur and her body was gone to the ground.

I went back to make my way towards Dan's car as he held me tightly.

"Dani." Josh said as I turned around to see him walk towards me.

"Yeah." I asked wiping my cheeks as he smiled softly.

"I'm sorry about Heather." He said as I nodded briefly at him in reply.

"Thank you." I said as he nodded back at me.

"Of course, how are you feeling." He asked me softly as I shrugged.

"As well as can be expected, I don't truly know how good is these days." I said as he nodded at me not rushing it.

"Depends on who you are, when was the last time you ate." He asked as I pulled the black cardigan more around the black dress.

"Breakfast, I'm not very hungry." I said as I leaned against Dan who smiled at me.

"I understand why, I still think you should keep it up." He said his voice soft "I know that feeling and it sucks but there still there." He said pointing a finger towards my belly.

"I know, I'm trying to keep it up but it's not so easy you know." I said as he nodded at me easily.

"It never is, loss will kill us all one day but it's always important to remember that your still here." He said as I found his words very comforting.

"Yeah thanks." I said as he smiled someone else coming up.

"I'm sorry Dani, I know how much she meant to you." Jess said as I looked at her and smiled.