Ignoring

DANI

"Come on Dani, talk to me." Dan said as I kept walking pushing the curls back to my shoulders.

"Babe, why keep trying. She's clearly not talking to you." Jess said as she patted his shoulder.

"Were twins, you've got to talk to me it's like law." He said anyways as I kept my silence.

I hadn't talked to him for what a week now. Yeah, I was still pissed about that and I would keep going.

"I didn't mean it, he's totally gonna cave before you too big for sex." He said as Josh snorted and I still didn't talk to him.

I had no patience and I guess he should have been more careful. Like I said hormones suck.

"Yeah dude, just stop your not getting any where." Josh said as I felt his frown here.

"I give up then, I'll just stop trying." He exclaimed as we got to the class and he sat down.

We all did learning as he didn't talk but simply did his work. We only knew it was wrong when he didn't even hold Jess's hand.

I didn't do anything but she frowned taking his hand herself. His hand bent around hers but that was about it and he went back to his phone.

That day was pretty boring and it was only when I saw the piece of white paper it got sad.

In memorial of Heather Burns.

The simple words written so beautifully made me want to cry. I stared at it leaning against the dresser when the door opened.

"Hey, what are you doing in here." I was asked by Josh as I looked up at him.

"It's officially been 2 months." I said softly as I faced the paper again.

"I don't follow." He said as he walked behind me and looked down.

"8 weeks." I whispered as he sighed pulling away the paper.

"It's okay." He said softly as I turned around to face him.

"It's not okay, she won't see me have the babies or see them grow up and he the Anut I know she could have." I said starting to cry a little as he listened.

"It's a very tragic loss Dani, but we can't change that." He said softly as I just kept going.

"I just want her back, I want her to come in here say something dumb and crazy." I said at this point barely making out words the tears falling faster.

"I know you do, we all do okay but it's not your fault." He said as his hands found my waist.

He lifted me up placing me on the dresser as I sobbed into his shirt.

"I miss her so much." I sobbed as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's okay." He said as I didn't know what to do but cry.

She was gone and I couldn't have saved her if I tried to.

"It should have been me." I said as through my tears as his arms wrapped around me.

"It shouldn't have been anyone, this is no ones fault." He said as I just kept crying.

I heard the door open and he waved a paper. The door soon closed and I kept crying in his chest until I fell asleep.
JOSH

Staring at the paper I put it face down and lifted up her body her legs moving around my waist. I walked down the steps and placed her on the couch softly.