Chapter 23

A week passed and Camila is back in Cabello Inc. There's no honeymoon inside or outside the country, she spent her wedding holidays at Lauren's cabin and her sister in law's pond. It sounds sad and that's what Selena has been telling Camila, but she doesn't care as long as she's with her wife.

Camila stared at her phone's screen in her hand, looking at her wife's picture. In about an hour, Camila has to attend a meeting. So, she decided to spend that one precious hour to text her wife;

To Wifey: I miss you, baby..

Camila waited for a few second before her phone dinged indicating that she got a new message.

From Wifey: Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui, you are supposed to be working! Do your work!

After reading the message, Camila rolled her eyes. 'Of course she's going to say that!' she thought to herself before replying.

To Wifey: That is so not romantic -..- You are supposed to say that you miss me too :(

From Wifey: Well, I'll show you romantic after working hour ;) So, see ya after 5!

Camila bit her lips upon reading that.

To Wifey: Okay, baby ;) But I have a meeting, so I'll be home a little bit late, perhaps at 8?

From Wifey: 8? Nooooo :(

From Wifey: I don't care! I want you home before 6!

From Wifey: Please, Camz :( I miss you

Camila smirked at the messages her wife had sent.

To Wifey: Alright. Only because my wife is missing me so much ;) See you at home, I Love You

Right after the message was sent to her wife, the sound of the intercom dinged, took her attention from her phone.

"Mila, I wanna see you in my office now." Selena's voice was heard from the intercom.

"Right now?"

"Yes. Now."

"Fine," Camila rolled her eyes. 'Can't a girl texts her wife in peace?' She asked herself before exiting her own office to her sister's.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"So, which one?" Selena asked as she showed her sister a couple model of houses.

"None." Camila replied nonchalantly as she took a glance at her phone. 'Why hasn't Lauren text her an 'I Love You' back?' She thought when she saw there's no new notification since her last message to Lauren.

"Mila, just choose one!" Selena said, frustrated.

"What for?"

"For you," Selena said in a 'duh' tone, "I don't want you and Lauren live in that small cabin." She added with a grimace on her face.

"Well, I wanna live in that small cabin with my wife," Camila said, shrugging. "And Lauren's working to get us a new house, so you don't have to worry."

"With her salary working at the pond?" Selena scoffed before continuing, "No offense Mila, but you'll be having grandkids when she'll be able to buy you a house."

The way Selena put it in words got Camila worked up. Who is she to say things like that about her wife? "So what Sel?!" Camila snapped at her sister, "I don't care if I have to live in that cabin with her for the rest of our life, as long as I have her with me."