BEGIN ( 시작 )

" Sanity and Happiness are an impossible combination. "
Mark Twain

" Father, please listen to me! You can't send me there! I don't belong to that place! "

A young woman pleaded her father on her knees, hoping to see a once of compassion in his brown eyes.

The man slapped his daughter's hands away, showing no sign of any kind of emotions on his hard and dull face. " I don't care, Nana. You should have listed to me! "

" Father! You can't just control my every movement! I'm a human too, I have feelings! You can't just throw me away like that, I'm your daughter for God's sake! "

The girl in question couldn't care any less. She was tired.

All the mistakes he made, she forgave them. All his actions that screamed for her to stay away from him, she didn't listen. All his hurtful words that stabbed deep into her heart wherever he was drunk, she ignored them.

All because of that stupid thought, " He is my father. I cannot leave him alone. "

Now, she was starting to get disgusted by seeing his face, by hearing his hoarse voice, and assisting to his abominable actions.

" You stopped caring for me from the day mother left us! All you do is to get yourself drunk and abuse me! Why did you ever try to take me with you if you decide to act this way ?! "

All these emotions that the girl has been bottling up over the years were starting to kill her. All the abuse she had been going through had to come to an end.

" If you didn't want to take care of me, you should have just left me. " She yelled. " At least, I wouldn't have been hurt this much! You're just an alcoholic and abusive person! You don't even deserve being called 'dad'. You don't deserve that respect and love! "

Her yellings were echoing in the house till they slowly died out. Catching back her breath, she abruptly felt her vision getting blurry. She was sobbing, crying out her frustration and madness.

All of sudden, she felt a sting on her cheek.

" Shut up, you ungrateful kid! You don't know what I went through because of you! "

He slapped her hard, so hard that she ended up lying on the floor, her hand on her burning cheek. She was clearly shocked and mad that he dared to give all the blame at her.

" What did I ever do to you?! Did I ask you to take me with you? Hell no! I would rather die than stay with you. "

His expression darkening, he roughly pulled her by the hair. Then grabbed her by the wrists, while ignoring his daughter's cries. He harshly dragged her out of the house and pushed her into his car.

" Stay still, and shut that mouth of yours. "

He briefly looked at her before closing the door and sat at the driver seat.

" Father, please, I-I'm sorry I went too far... I ask for your forgiveness! Please, please, don't send me to that place! I'm not crazy! I will do whatever you will ask me to do!! " She pleaded. " If-if you want to get rid of me you can just throw me out of the streets, but please not that place!! Not to a mental hospital! "

The young woman was crying really hard as she was facing down her laps. Words would barely come out from her mouth before they were muffed by her sobbings. Her heart would keep beating faster and faster while her breath would become unstable.