CONFUSION ( 혼란 )

" In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. "

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

After Nana and Jimin left Kim Seungwoo's house, the man sighed while looking out the window as his daughter's words replayed in his dull mind. He then took out a cigarette to light it up as he asked himself, " Where did everything go so wrong? "

He knew his mistakes.

He knew how weak his mind had grown through the years, and it had to fall on his young girl.

Yet, it was too late, too late to regret anything.

He took out his phone while he was holding his cigarette in his mouth and went through his contacts. What he didn't mention to Nana and Jimin earlier was that he made no phone call to anyone as he had promised he would. Instead, he walked away and pried on the conversation of the young duo.

Again, he knew it was wrong, but he did it anyway. He needed to make sure it was all true. To make sure that his old mind wasn't playing him any tricks or creating any misunderstanding, so to decide to commit the worst act of his life.

Then, when he finally stubbed his cigarette, he gathered all his courage to make this phone call.

One ring, two rings, three-

" Hello? " Replied a familiar voice from the other end of the line.

" Oh, Jinyoung, am I bothering you now? "

There was a slight pause before his friend answered, " Don't worry. I have a meeting that is only in an hour. I guess you are calling me about Nana, right? Don't worry, we will find her, Seungwoo. You can trust m- "

The man interrupted, " No. Actually, there is something I want to talk about with you. You are still in Seoul, right? "

" Huh? Well, yeah. I'm supposed to return to Busan in two days. Uh... I can meet you after my meeting. I will call you. "

Seugwoo nodded, " Yeah, I will wait for you. " before he hung up.

Something didn't add up in Nana's story. Even though she thoroughly explained to him the fragment of memories she had recollected, something was wrong, or rather, it didn't make sense.

While the old man was lighting up his next cigarette, Nana and Jimin had finally found a hotel to stay for the night. As one was trying to get some sleep after long hours of driving, the other was looking out her window, gazing at the busy city of Seoul.

The lights of each street went turned on, as well as the buildings and shop's neon lights. The dark city was illuminated by different colors of light. Orange, green, pink, red, blue, and white. However, she didn't fail to notice a few corners of the streets where the lights bulbs would go on and off. It was dangerous, she thought. No one knew what could a small area of obscurity hide.

She then smiled as her eyes traveled black toward the light of the city. They were lucky to find a room on the 21st floor of the hotel, giving them a great view of the city. She found it incredible how insignificant people looked from this afar. So small and irrelevant, she thought.

Was this the reason why these fat cats would look down on people in need? She asked herself.

Disregarding those thoughts away, she moved toward her bed and laid herself down. While gazing at the white ceiling, she questioned herself on her previous actions.

Was she making the right decision? Was talking to her father going to change anything? Was he telling her the truth? Was it a good idea to come here?