LOST ( 잃어버린 )

" Mental illness is the only disease than can make you deny its own existence.
Certainly the idea of the brain that can deny its own illness is a frightening thought. "
- Natasha Tracy 

" Nana. "

The young woman kept hearing her name being called numerously. She tried to open her eyes, but she was too tired. She couldn't even move a muscle.

" Kim Nana, wake up. It's time for you to have your breakfast. " The voice hurried.

Finally, she gathered all her strength and opened her eyes, slowly. She blinked, stared at the white ceiling, and blinked again. She then glanced through the window. It was sunny. She quickly blocked the sunlight with her right arm then looked to her left where the voice originated from.

It was her assigned nurse, Kim Taehyung. He looked at her and then said, " Good morning. I will leave you a few minutes for you to take a shower and change into your new clothes. "

He put down next to her a bright new white uniform, then turned around to leave the room without forgetting to lock the door behind him.

A whole minute passed, and Nana was still laying on her bed, trying to process yesterday's event.

Suddenly, she remembered Taehyung's words and quickly got up and went to the bathroom. Inside, she took off her dirty clothes and stepped inside the shower.

She first let the cold water hit her face to wake up, then changed it into hot water to let her body relax.

The young woman washed her hair and cleaned her body, then when she was done, she stepped out of the shower. She warped her body with a towel and walked back to her bed to grab her new uniform.

" Pure white. " She muttered. " How boring. "

She then walked back to the bathroom and caught a glimpse of her reflection on the mirror. She took a step further from it and looked at herself properly.

She looked terrible.

Her face looked so pale that her skin tone could be compared to one of a corpse. She traced her thin fingers around her round face, her pink lips, and her dark hair. Before she could see any more details, she heard someone entered her room and calling her name.

She turned away from the mirror, suddenly conscious of her appearance.

" Kim Nana? "

She quickly changed and replied, " Yes, I'm in the bathroom. " Then stepped out to join her nurse waiting for her at the entrance of her room.

" You seem ready. Follow me, I will lead you to the canteen. " He stated with a smile.

They both walked toward the canteen in silence. Not that the young woman minded. She was busy enough thinking of a plan to snatch the key card away from Taehyung.

" Here, sit over there. I will go get your breakfast. " The young man walked toward the counter where all the food was and took a plate to fill it with food.

Nana decided to go where Taehyung told her to sit and waited for him. The canteen was pretty calm compared to last evening, she noted. There were also fewer people.

She then took notice of a clock hanging up on the wall. " It's 8:16am. " She read.

Suddenly a plate of food was placed in front of her.

" Here is your breakfast. " Said the blond male. Then placed the same pill as yesterday.

" Okay, thank you-" When she turned around to thank him, he was already gone.