RESPONSIBILITY ( 그의 책임 )

" When George asked me to be the prequels, it was the same kind of meeting - It was very short and to the point. It was nice to see him after a long time, and we met in a hotel room. "

- Ian MicDiarmid

A few weeks had passed, and a case was opened for Kim Hana, Nana's mother. Nana alone had given testimony about what she remembered on the day her mother passed away from the hit-and-run. She very meticulously explained Park Jinyoung's sin and what she and her father went through the past few years.

However, she alone wasn't able to put the man behind bars.

So, in the next team meeting, detective Kim declared that he had a plan to trick Park Jinyoung into confessing to Kim Hana's murder. When the detective informed Park Jinyoung that he had been charging him, not with murder but with drug use and drug smuggling with Kang Sejun, the old man laughed incredulously.

Detective Kim needed to take both men out as soon as possible before any corrupted policemen or even the chief of the police department in Busan, Shin Dohyun were to get involved.

Then, detective Lee had the idea to use Kim Nana as bait to make the old man talk.

" Will this really work? " Asked the young woman as she observed Park Jinyoung behind the two-way mirror.

" It has to. " Said detective Kim as he glanced at her.

" That's right. " Interferred detective Lee this time. " At this point, you are the only one who can make him talk. We managed to get enough proof for drug smuggling, but so far, that's the only sentence that will be given to him. The justice for your mother's murder cannot be executed without enough proof or his confession. "

Nana nodded, " I understand. "

Casually, the young woman entered the interrogation room and took a seat in front of Park Jinyoung. The man who had his head hung low had not noticed her presence yet. It was only at the sound of her voice that he snapped his head at her with wide eyes.

" Nana... "

" Long time no see, uncle Jinyoung. " She looked at his handcuffed wrist. " I see you haven't been doing well, I'm glad. "

The old man gulped as his eyes wavered at her figure.

" We both know why I'm here. Your trial is in a few days, and you have not yet confessed to my mother's murder. "

The old man nodded, " I was waiting for you, actually. "

For the first time, after many years, Park Jinyoung narrated his point of view of the accident.

" It all happened so fast. " He said. " On that night, your mother had called me to talk... "

The man looked at the distance as he was recalling the night he took the life of his old friend and changed the life of her daughter.

Night had fallen fast upon the ground as no more than an hour ago, the sky was tinted with shades of red ruby, orange fire opal, and pink cotton candy. The sweetness of the sky left, leaving only a dark blue cover many stars to light it up. The darkness was deep, but the headlight of his car allowed him to see the road in front of him.

Half an hour ago, the young man that he was received a call from his friend, Hana. Her voice was cold while her words cut deep in his soul. He could remember her words very well.

" Jinyoung, we need to talk. "

" Huh? Sure. What's wrong? "

The woman sighed and explained, " We need to talk about that job that you got Seungwoo involved in. "