8

~Rydell's POV
I was awoken by someone gently shaking me and whispering something in my ear. When I opened my eyes I saw Mike and he asked me again if we could stop by our house to grab some clothes. I nodded. I set Skye down on the chair we were sleeping on, and off we went.

{FLASH FORWARD TO THE CAR RIDE}

We sat in the car, Mike turned on the radio, and turned on the heat. It was the middle of October in Pittsburg, so it's pretty chilly, if you ask me.

I directed him to our apartment, and once we got there, I grabbed the key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. My laptop was still on the coffee table and the charger was on the floor next to it.

Mike stood by the couch awkwardly waiting for further demands.

"Mine and Skye's room is down the hall, and Arcane's room is through that door. Mom usually sleeps on the couch when she's home, I'll grab her clothes, you grab Arcane's. Deal?" I asked, he nodded and headed towards Arcane's room.

-----
~Mikes POV
I entered Arcane's room and looked around. It had an Abby road framed poster sitting on her bed, along with some stuffed animals, lanterns, and fairy lights.

I saw a bag on the floor, so I grabbed that and rummaged through her closet

I saw some Harry Potter things here and there, then I saw her whole collection of Hufflepuff items.

I looked through the bag after I finished. I had a shirt, phone charger, blue jeans, and hufflepuff socks.

I left Arcane's room and sat in the living room, waiting for Rydell. I was thinking about the last time I saw Eve. She was twenty-three, and had her life put together pretty well. Mom, dad, and I always helped out with Arcane and Rydell, Vic and Eve had a good jobs at the time, they had a small house, her life was actually great. Why did she leave?