9

Eve's POV
It was all my fault.
It's my fault that my baby girl is in the hospital. It's my fault that Vic and Mike are pissed at me, I don't blame them.

I was sleeping in the hospital room with Arcane, but I woke up and my thoughts swallowed me whole. I got up to go call my boss. Oh shit, I'm supposed to be at work.
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I walked into the hallway and quickly unlocked my phone and called my boss, Nick. picked up after the second ring.

"WHERE ARE YOU AT?!" He was yelling because the music was blasting in the bar.

"The hospital. Everything's fine now, I'm going to come in early tomorrow, I promise." As much as I hated what I just said, I needed the extra money.

"OKAY. OPEN UP TOMORROW."
"Yes sir."

I started walking back to where I left everyone when we first got here. Mike and Rydell were gone, and so were the other two band mates, but Vic was asleep in a chair, with Skye sleeping on his chest. I loved that they were bonding, making up for the 10 years they have been separated, but I felt guilty.

I needed to talk to someone about everything. I can't bottle up my emotions anymore. I got my phone out again and called my best friend, Kellin Quinn.

How did I meet Kellin? I met him after Vic and I... broke up I guess. Kellin's band was still small, and playing gigs here and there. We hung out a lot after that and got to know each other really well.

It rung three times, then he answered.
"Eve. It's like 10:30 at night."
"Kellin. You don't go to bed till like 3 AM."
"Haha true. So, what's up chica? You sounded like you were crying. Are Ry, A, and Skye okay? Are you okay?"
"I don't know, Kels. The kids went to Vic's concert. They disobeyed my rule. I didn't want them to get hurt like I did."
"Did Vic find out?"
"Yeah... we're in the hospital now."
"Which hospital I'm on my way, what happened, Evelyn?" He used my full name. He only does that when he's scared.
"No it's okay, I'm fine. Arcane just had another panic attack.... it's all my fault. I shouldn't have taken the kids away from Vic. I shouldn't have let myself run away." I said crying
"Eve. It's not your fault. I mean, look at Katelynn. She's doing great. You are fine. The kids are fine. Are you sure you don't want me to go over there? I'm in Pittsburg right now. We're on tour with Vic's band."
"I'll see you tomorrow. Is that okay?"
"Sounds great, Evelyn."
"Can you stop calling me that now?"
"Never. Sorry Evelyn."
"Oh my godddd."
"Hahaha night Evelyn. Love you tell the kids I said hi."
"Night Kelly. Love you too."

I ended the call sighing. I sat down next to Vic, and realized that Rydell and Mike were walking in with bags of clothes. I looked at the clock on my phone. The white numbers showed 1:48 AM.

I was exhausted. Usually I only get about 2 - 3 hours of sleep a night, which I know isn't healthy, but I can't help it. Work takes up my whole life I have no time with my kids at all.

Mike walks over to where I was sitting, kneels down in front of me, tells me to get some sleep. I nod and slowly fall asleep, my head on Vic's shoulder.

Even though we aren't on best terms, I still love him as a friend, and I know he thinks the same.

-------
A/N
Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, school is killing me slowly.