7.

"Excuse me?"

I turned towards the voice, coming face to face with a girl I'd never met before. There was a curious glint in her eyes I was wary of. This was weird. No one approached me in training and it was only the second day. I could go home today, I had shifts on alternate days.

"Yes?" I said slowly, confusion evident in my voice.

"Were you at the Initiation Dance?" She asked outright.

Oh shit. They're starting to recognize me. I frowned, adding more confusion to my face. "The What Dance now?"

"The Initiation Dance. It was held by the Water Regent this year."

"The What-er Who now? When did this happen?"

"Friday. Last Friday."

My brow immediately cleared and I shook my head. "You must have me mistaken for someone else. I went back to the human realm after my test and came back on Sunday."

"Oh." She said slowly, not sounding very convinced. "Umm, sorry for disturbing you. Thanks, I guess." Her eyes stayed on me as she turned away. I didn't drop eye contact either.

Shrugging as a reply, I let her walk away without saying another word. She went to stand beside a girl and started talking to her immediately, her lips moved rapidly and all I caught from that was 'lying'. Oh no. All I can do is hope they don't spread it around.

Great. I guess I won't pass this week incognito after all.

Training wrapped up with more bruises on the bruises from yesterday. Flo gave me once-over as I limped to Eric's car.

"Bad day?" She asked as I pulled the door open and fell into the backseat.

"My organs feel bruised." Was all I said as I sprawled out in the back. Eric just chuckled and started the car.

As he pulled out of the school's parking lot, he began talking about his day. "They started hardcore training for us too today and-"

"Hardcore?" I laughed. "What'd you do? Hug trees? Break twigs?"

"Very funny." He replied dryly as Flo and I giggled. "No. They showed a few moves and demonstrations. Then they partnered us up. The dude I'm with? He is good. Like, seriously good and I was more on the ground than not today."

"Aren't you guys supposed to be on the ground more often than not anyway?" Flo threw in. I hooted and held up my hand in between the two seats. She slapped it as she chuckled along with me. Eric mumbled and muttered curses at us instead of replying so Flo chose to enlighten us about her day. Her voice was soothing and I fell asleep in the backseat. Eric shook me awake.

"I don't have the arm strength to lift you, Fiera. And Flo can barely lift herself."

I blinked blearily as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "You calling me fat, Eric?"

"Oooh." Flo whispered to herself as Eric's eyes widened in panic.

I yawned and waved my hand. "Just remember that I can make you go up in flames. Bye, guys. And close your mouth before it becomes a flytrap." I threw another wave over my shoulder as I walked up to my door and unlocked it to an empty home. My stomach grumbled for food but there wasn't much I could quickly whip up so I settled for yogurt with nuts and berries.

It was only the second day of school and I wanted the week to end. I missed Mich and he only returned home on the weekends. This house was nice but lonely. The only good thing about it being isolated is that I can swim without worrying about eyes on me and blast music throughout the house without any complaints from annoying neighbors. Maybe I can make a plan with Flo and Eric for a sleepover next week.