36.

"So... you're trying to put the blame onto me?" I could feel my own anger rise. "You're trying to justify punching Sean by saying it was 'because of me'? You think that'll make me drop this issue? Hail you as my hero because you defended my honour?"

Christopher seemed surprised that I hadn't backed down. He started to shake his head. "You're... You're getting this all wrong."

"How am I getting this wrong?" I took a step towards him, my heel sank into the soil. "You first said it was about Elizabeth. Then you switched your story to say it was me? I wasn't there to listen to what happened. I can't trust you."

"Fiera, I'm sorry I lied but I didn't want to talk about this." He ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "I knew you would get angry."

"And you figured I wouldn't get angry if you took Elizabeth's name over mine?" I paused and had to inhale sharply to calm myself. "Okay. Assuming I believe you, why did you punch Sean?"

"I... I was still a bit angry at him over what he tried to do to you."

My eyes narrowed at Christopher. "You..." I gritted out. "You know the reason I decided to attend his stupid party? It was to show that I was over it. I even told you, that I was over it." I threw an arm out. "Did I have to spell it out in fireworks?"

"Fiera, I-"

"Or should I have spelt it out with a skywriter? Yo-"

"Just gi-"

"CHRISTOPHER, I AM TALKING HERE!" I snapped. My fists clenched by my side. "Listen to me and stop interrupting! I am tired of fights. I am tired of being scared. The reason I showed up tonight was to show Sean that I am not dwelling over what he tried to do, and that I am definitely not scared of him or what he might try again. The other reason was to show Elizabeth that I am not scared of her.

"And then there is you, trying to defend someone who you're not supposed to know beyond a few interactions. Did you even stop and think before swinging your goddamn fist about what repercussions this might have?" My hand tapped my head. I pointed at him as I took a step forward. "Sean was drunker than you. He might actually spill the true details of what happened to Anita or Francis. Do you think that will remain a secret then? I do not want to have to deal with rumours that I am secretly dating you. So help me god, but if I get into another goddamn fight with your girlfriend slash bouncer, over your sorry, royal, spoilt ass I will leave this dimension."

My chest heaved with my rant. All my anger was justified. I was tired of all the steaming pile of crap I'd had to deal with ever since I'd stepped foot in this dimension. I was mostly still unacquainted with the royals, or anyone else here. I would have no problem moving away and starting all new elsewhere, where people can't control the goddamn elements. Wafi would move on, or maybe not but he hasn’t been very proactive with keeping in touch lately so he can shove it. Eric would understand, he’d grown up with this. Christopher? At the moment, I couldn’t care less. He quietly watched me as I tried to calm myself down. I looked away and raised a hand to rub my eyes. I was so tired.

Christopher was quiet as he finally spoke. I could see the pain in him as he looked me in the eye. "You're not one to hold grudges. Because of you, I was even ready to drop it. I had dropped it, I was helping Sean keep the dishes as a gesture of peace. I didn't follow him out so I could find my chance to punch him as you probably think."

I blushed red because that exactly what I thought even if I hadn't voiced it.

"Anyway, long story short, he said that he's already slept with you and he could do it again under the guise of having apologised for his behaviour and you having fallen for it.” I felt my eye twitch. “That's not when I punched him for though. I punched him when he called you, and I quote, 'putty under him' and that he was looking forward to 'seeing your wild side again'."