10.

I'd just gotten out of a refreshing bath when I heard the sound of voices downstairs. On my insistence, he'd gone for the lunch with Wafi. Helped me avoid him. Barely managed to stop him from calling Wafi over for lunch because I was sick.

I will not have a repeat performance of last night.

Holy shit, this was a strong fever. My head was reeling and despite how Mich claimed I was burning up, I could only feel cold. I pulled out an oversized sweater and some old flannel pajamas. Not very fashionable but they keep me relatively warm. And I already feel like shit so seeing Wafi's superior dressing sense can't get me anymore down.

I stumbled down the stairs, stopping to right myself once I reached the bottom. Wafi was sitting in the armchair I'd been using yesterday, it faced the entrance hallway so he saw me first. Conversation died as his eyes widened on spotting me. Springing up, he walked around the couches to approach me. I leaned against the entrance to the living room and held up a hand, he stopped where he was. A pained look crossed his face.

"Yes. I'm super sick. Not faking so I wouldn't have to attend your lunch." I spoke hoarsely. My throat protested at the activity after the resting period. "I don't like swanky places anyway."

Wafi, seeing that he could not approach me, turned to Mich. "How is she?"

"Burning up, literally." Mich stood up to walk to me. "I don't know if this sort of temperature is normal for Fire Elementalists but that is seriously high." Mich walked up to me, placing a hand on my head again. I leaned into it but he pulled it away quickly, shaking it. "Seems hotter than the morning."

Wafi decided to risk it and walked up to me as well. I growled as he placed a hand on my head, resisting the urge to lean in. "This is...wow." I let Wafi keep it there for a few more moments before weakly slapping it away. "This temperature isn't normal. Even for Fire Elementalists. But... I'm not so sure I'll have to call in an expert."

"No." I shook my head. "No doctors." Moving away from the wall, I pushed aside a wave of dizziness and turned to the kitchen. "I'll be fine by tomorrow."

"And what if you're not?" Wafi is such a pessimist.

"I'll wait till the next day. That's how time works." I replied. Pulling the fridge open, I took out a carton of milk, followed by a box of cereal and bowl. Mich handed me a spoon as I prepared my breakfast. Or lunch, checking the time of the day.

Wafi glanced around the dining room and kitchen, taking a seat at the kitchen island beside me. I grimaced but didn't bother getting up. I was hungry and there was a bowl of cereal waiting.

"What have you eaten since the morning?" He asked quietly.

Mich answered when I didn't bother to reply. "I gave her scrambled eggs and toast. But she was still hungry so she had a chocolate smoothie, followed by orange juice, cup noodles and an apple. Then I left to meet you. I don't know what she ate afterwards but a check around the kitchen should tell me that."

"I had a banana and microwave pizza." I offered. "This is my first bowl of cereal."

"Isn't a fever supposed to cause loss of appetite?" Wafi asked slowly.

I shrugged. I was invested in my bowl of cereal. "We're both pretty clueless in these matters. Fiera learnt basic first aid in school and we have a lot of medicine, courtesy of my friends."

My spoon scraped the bottom of the bowl so I poured in some more cereal and milk. "Something's missing." I mumbled, my chewing paused thoughtfully till I slipped off the stool. "Sugar."

"Oh boy." Mich groaned. "I swear to god, Fiera, if I find you outside again saying you couldn't sleep, I'll tie you to the bed and feed you in rations."