Seven

Maddeline

I sat in the middle of my cell, Delton's coat pulled tightly around my body. My face is a mask that shows no emotion, but I am truly terrified. My life is about to end, I would never get to see my family ever again, never me able to live a happy normal life with my mate.

The door creaked open and I looked up, locking eyes with Delton.

"Get up." He snarled.

My lip quivered as I stood on wobbly legs, the coat dropped to the floor and I froze, too afraid to reach down in a haste and pick it up again. I thought Delton would think twice about killing me as he stared at my exposed body, but he just looked at my stomach and frowned.

"Who has done this?" He growled.

I looked down at my stomach and squeaked, I hadn't realised how big it was. Jason, I thought. The children of the Alpha all needed to spend nine months in the womb to grow in strength and live up to their titles. But with any other wolf it would only take two and a half months for a pup to be born.

"Tell me who has put their child in you!" He snarled, backing me against a wall.

"He raped me, Alpha." I whisper. Not that you have or anything, my thoughts are not spoken.

Delton looks at me curiously, gripping my face in his hands.

"Tell me who it was!" He hissed.

"Jason." I blurt out without hesitation. I had no sympathy for the Beta, he deserves to die, and I was certain Delton would kill him right now.

"I will allow you to live and give birth to your child. I may be cruel but I will not let an unborn pup be killed as I murder its mother and bathe in her blood," he mutters in my ear, I shivered as I tried not to picture of him relaxing in a tub filled with my blood. "Then you will leave her here and flee, do not go back to your old pack. I will sell you to an Alpha in America, he is known for freeing slaves. I will never see you again, but if I do it will be in the midst of battle."

I nod quickly, thankful that he is at least showing kindness to me now.

"I have a request, Sir." I whimper.

He raises an eyebrow expectantly, "Let me name it and write a letter before I leave."

He nods and steps back, picking his long coat up from the ground and chucking it at me. I caught it and gratefully cover my bare body. I didn't know what to think at the moment, was I happy? Was I afraid? Angry? Or emotionless? I slid to the floor and patted my tummy.

"Do not fear, little one." I murmur, "I will find you."