Nineteen

Jadzia

I roll over and feel the emptiness beside me, I sigh and open my eyes. He was gone, probably helping Gray with pack business. I stretch, rolling over to stare out of the window. It's only slightly hot today, but I could deal with the heat easily; being Australian and all.

I jump out of bed and throw on a sundress, brushing my brown hair and lazily flicking it out of my face. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, finding the house unusually quiet.

"Mum?" I called out, looking around.

"I'm in here, sweetie!" I hear her answering call.

I head to the lounge room and see her crouched on the floor, playing with Angel. Her long brown hair was pinned up in a messy bun, her feet were bare and she wore a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top. But despite the heat, she was still wearing the long jacket that I never see her without.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask as I sit down with her.

"Well, it is border patrol day and most of the pack wolves are out." She mumbled, distracted with Angel. "And then some are at a meeting, it's also the vacation day for the maids."

"Oh, why aren't you on border patrol?" I ask again, feeling kinda dumb with all the questions.

Mum chuckled, "I'm the Luna. I stay here and take care of the remaining children and my own, also I have no wolf and it is impossible for me to shift."

I blink. My mother lost her wolf? That was probably the reason why I never saw her shift, why I never saw her eyes go hazy as she spoke to her wolf, why she never growled like an animal, or why her eyes never glowed. She was practically human, but in a way she was still a werewolf.

"How.. How did she..." I couldn't get the words out. I didn't know how painful it would be for her to answer, but apparently she was fine with it.

"How did she die?" Mum chuckles slightly, "First night with Delton, she was gone. I've never heard or felt her since then."

I nodded slowly and reached my hand out to Angel, the small child placed a block in my hand and smiled up at me. I noticed how dark his skin was compared to mum and I's, the fact that his hair was a glossy black. He wasn't her child, but it was also good that he knew he was adopted.

A few hours passed as we sat and talked to each other on the floor. She told me everything about Delton, Morgan, Seth, Caesar, and the twins. She told me that when she was strong again and had an army at her pack, she would go back to Australia and personally kick his ass.

I heard the front door open, followed by the buzz of deep voices and cloud of different smells. I jumped up when the scent of my mate hit me, I ran out of the lounge room and jumped into his waiting arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to his body. The other males in the room smiled at my actions, probably reminded of a time that they were happy like us. Tyler dropped me to the ground gently and excused himself from the group, taking me by the hand and heading to our room.

He slammed the door closed, pushing me up against it and locking his lips onto mine. I encircled my arms around his neck and tugged on his long hair. He gripped my hips and slowly edge his hands down until they cupped my butt.

My stomach lurched and I pushed Tyler away in a hurry, tripping over my own feet as I tried to rush to the bathroom. I stumbled to the toilet and emptied the contents of my stomach into the bowl, coughing and gagging. Tyler was beside me in an instant, pulling my hair out of my face and rubbing my back for me. When I was done, I sat back and Focused on Tyler's hazel eyes as I steadied my breathing.

"We have to get you to the pack doctor." Tyler said.

"No, I'm fine." I say.

I stand up and exit the bathroom, sniffling and walking downstairs. I was craving ice-cream and peanut-butter sandwiches.