Twenty

Jadzia

My stomach lurched, I sat bolt upright in bed and pushed Tyler away as I kicked back the covers and speed-walked into the ensuite. When I was done being sick, I closed the toilet lid and sat on it, bringing my knees up to my chest and burying my face in my hands.

"Jaddy, this is getting out of hand." Tyler says softly, kneeling in front of me and putting his hands on my knees.

I sniffled quietly and ran my hands through my hair, lifting my head and staring down into Tyler's eyes. They were like an orange shade, almost a glowing amber. He took my small hands in his large ones and never broke eye contact with me.

"I don't want to see you like this anymore! It's worrying me, babygirl." He muttered.

I blushed slightly at the nickname, that was new. I sucked in a breath and squeezed his hand tightly. He stood up and offered me his hand, I took it and followed him back to bed. We snuggled down back under the covers, he lightly kissed the back of my head.

"By the way, happy eighteenth birthday." Tyler mumbled into my hair.

I smiled lightly, noticing that it was in fact 1:00 in the morning, the first of June. I sighed and curled into a ball, a slight shiver crossed my body and I felt my mate's arms tighten around me. Soon, we were both fast asleep.

"Waking up time!" Something wriggly jumped on us, squealing and patting my arm.

I blearily opened one eye, my arms instinctively wrapping around my stomach for some reason. Angel sat on our bed, urging us to wake up. I sat up slowly and stretched, bringing Angel in for a cuddle and pretending to eat him like a monster while he laughed loudly.

"He insisted on waking up his big sister." I looked up, seeing Gray leaning against the door frame with a smile on his face.

I smiled back at him, shooing Angel carefully off my bed as I punched Tyler in the arm for a wake up call, he grunted and rolled over. I climbed out of bed and gripped my stomach as it shifted strangely. Gray crinkled his brow and walked towards me.

"Your mum wanted to see you." He whispered in my ear.

I frowned, "Okay." I said with a shrug.

Gray left the room with Angel gripping his large hand, I closed the door behind them and went into my walk-in wardrobe. I selected one of Tyler's T-shirts and a pair of denim shorts while keeping my feet bare. I yawned and chucked my hair back in a sort of ponytail, style, thing..... Ok I don't know what it is.

I kissed Tyler lightly on the cheek and left the room, skipping down the hall to my mum's office. I knocked lightly on the door, when I received the all clear I stepped inside and blinked. Every single window in the room was wide open, filling it with light and a cool summer breeze. A large desk sat in the centre of the room, made from the wood of iron bark trees and decorated with carvings of Australian wildlife. A wall of bookshelves was at my back and the floor was made of cold tiles, a small mat decorated the small space behind the desk.

Mum was fumbling around in the desk draws, stuffing papers away and typing a few things on her computer. She always looked so beautiful; with her chocolate river of hair, her eyes that shone like the sun, her simple tank tops and shorts without any shoes, and the ragged old jacket that swayed around her ankles. It was torn and stained with blood, faded from black to grey over the years, with rusting buttons.

"Hey, mum!" I said.

She looked up at me and smiled brightly, coming out from behind her desk and pouncing on me, hugging me tightly. Of course I didn't hesitate to return the embrace. She pulled back and gripped me by the shoulders, staring intently into my identical eyes and frowning heavily.

"You mated." She stated sternly.

I gulped and nodded, her lips twitched up in a smile and she squealed happily. I blinked. "You aren't mad?"

"Mad? No darling it's alright; he's someone you love and he loves you just the same. Besides you are a very mature lady and I think it was the right time for you." Mum smiled at me. "By the way happy birthday!" She called over her shoulder.

She skipped to her desk and pulled something out of one of the draws. She chucked it at me, I caught it easily and looked down at it. I raised a brow at her. Not the sort of birthday present I was expecting.

"Why do I need this?" I laughed nervously, holding up the pregnancy test so she could see.

She looked at me with an expression that made me think I was stupid, "don't think I haven't noticed you throwing up for the past week, Jadzia Iris."

I gulped again. I've learned over my time being here, that my middle name was Iris and when mum used it she was usually very angry at me. Apparently Iris is my grandmother's name, who's was my mum's mum. I sighed and gave in to her demands, exiting the office and heading back to my own room.

I could hear Emma snorting loudly from downstairs accompanied by Chelsea's laughter, seriously those two were retarded. I bumped into Jessica on my way back to my room, She smiled at me; showing her perfectly straight teeth. Honestly she was such a pretty she-wolf she had curly chestnut hair that went just past her shoulder blades, her eyes were a stunning mix of blue and orange, standing out from her acne-scared face. She had a bundle of paperwork in her arms, covering up the wolf design on her black T-shirt, her black shorts were covered in white wolf fur from her mate. Her arms were amazingly toned from years of playing softball and doing Tae Kwon Doe, and let's not get started on how big her leg muscles were. She was shorter than most werewolves, but that was only because of a problem that occurred at her birth.

"Nice earrings." I complimented her shiny eyeball studs.

She giggled and said thank you. I entered my bedroom and closed the door behind me. Tyler was gone, his scent was still strong meaning he'd only just left. I headed into the ensuite and locked that door too, I wasn't taking any precautions. I opened the pregnancy test box, taking a deep breath before I was able to actually sit on the toilet and do the test.