Chapter 5

~SO! I have I think 172 reads and 12 votes and that may not be a lot but I'm just so happy and it boost my confidence. ^_^ so here's chapter 5 and I might write chapter 6 today as well. Kbye~

Chapter 5:

I came to and open my eyes. They felt really heavy and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep so I closed my eyes back shut. I went to turn but felt extreme pain on my abdomen. I snapped my eyes back open, more aware of my surroundings and all I saw was white walls. There was a beeping sound next to me and when I went to move, I felt a tugging on my arm. I looked down to see a needle stuck on my arm.

I was confused as to why the hell I'm in a hospital. I didn't like it here and it brought back memories.

Bad memories.

When what had happened hit me, I shot up but immediately went back down as I put one arm gently on my stomach while the other grabbed my head.

My head throbbed and I felt achy. I never had gotten ganged up on. It would be the normal slamming me into lockers and quick punches, picking at me in the classrooms, humiliating me in the lunchroom, follow me home and throw shit at the house.

I groaned, my head pounding worse and the light in this place wasn't making it better. It felt like someone bashed me with a sledgehammer.

I shut my eyes, hoping to fall back asleep. It took a while but as I was gently falling asleep, someone entered the room but I didn't care to open my eyes. Then I heard another set of feet. Someone sighed which I recognized as Haley, next to me. She petted me gently and stroked her fingers through my hair how I always loved it.

Our mom would always run her fingers through our hair in bed when my dad would go on his rampages. He would try to take it out on us and he did a few times when mom wasn't home. Why do you think he's out the house and mom has barely any time for us?

But anyways, She would tuck us in, making sure we were comfortable. She would sing or hum this one song while running her fingers through our hair, that would make us calm down.

Once she manage to make dad move out, we were still a bit young. Day after day, she was getting a bit overwhelmed because she had to pay bills and food. I tried to tell her ill get a decent job but she refused.

"Finish school my ichigo. Finish school and work hard in college so you won't have to struggle and put more stress on your shoulders."

So as Haley petted me, it made me relax further.

"Why didn't he tell me? I heard her voice softly but thick with sorrow and pain. "Did mom even know about this?" She sighed and sniffled a bit. I had an idea what she was talking about but I was too afraid to even think it.

"Look." That voice made me feel all tingly and I knew exactly who it was. "It's not your fault, he apparently didn't want to worry you. Why don't you call your mother and explain to her the situation that happened and then ask her if she knew anything about it?" Mr. Mendez said in a soothing voice.

Haley had stopped her petting and judging by her getting up, she agreed to do just that. I opened my eyes sluggishly, the pain still there but had lessened due to me relaxing. My eyes shifted around a bit.

"How are you feeling?" The smooth, silky voice about me said. I wanted to wrap myself around his voice and here it all day. I quickly erase the thought from my mind. Stop it, he's your teacher.

"Like crap. My head is pounding and my ribs are killing me." He nodded in understanding.

"You came on quite strong. When we found you, you were bleeding severely and we got you here in time." I stayed quiet to that. We were just lost in our own thoughts until Haley walked in.

"My mom said she was on-" Haley froze when she saw me awake. Her eyes misted up and started welling with tears as she came over and hugged me, trying not to hurt me. I hugged her to me, just enjoying the moment of warmth. I needed hugs. I loved them. Haley's hugs made me feel protected like I feel with my mom.

"Why didn't you tell me you were hurting yourself baby bro?" Her voice full of pain. Fuck, she knew. A lump was lodged into my throat and hot tears starting streaming down my face. I only hugged her to me harder. I didn't want to answer. I couldn't answer. To make it worse was the fact that she even found out.

I never wanted her to know. I didn't want her to find out.. I tried. Tried to keep it from her and she always ended up finding out things so easily.

"Did mom know?" She pulled away a little to look at me. It was then I realized that Mr. Mendez had walked out. I nodded and looked down.

"They have me on medication for it." I said in a voice that didn't even sound like my own. She nodded and laid me back down, petting and stroking my hair again. I closed my eyes at the feeling and she managed to give me a weak smile.

"Don't let it take over you. We will get through whatever you're feeling. I promise." She kissed me on my nose.

I intertwined our hands together and I fell into a good slumber.