Chapter 11

Recap:

I looked at him, and what was even worse was the fact that his eyes were red and a thin sweat broke out on his skin. He gripped the steering wheel tightly. And one word caused me to freeze.

He panted out, "hungry..."

Chapter 11:

Okay. Remember when I said that I didn't care if he was a vampire? Yeah, I'm rethinking that.

I stared at him wide eyed as he held his grip tightly on the wheel. My heart was pounding loudly that I could even hear it and he made a strange sound in his throat. He closed his eyes tightly.

"Y-you need to go run and call someone to go get you." He said and so I got out the car and texted my sister that I needed help and told her where I was. She said that she will be right here. I stopped running and thought it over.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt that bad. I've gotten hurt way worse. I've lost blood numerous times. I glanced down at my wrist. I know I shouldn't be thinking about that but it's true. I don't think a bite will affect me.

I took a deep breath and ran back to see the car a bit busted and Dimitri was gone. Fuck! The bushes rustled a bit and I was slammed into the car, my head hitting the window. I hissed and went to put my hand on my head when a felt a tight grip on my wrist, holding my arm against the car.

"I thought I told you to run." A voice panted out and I opened my eyes as he licked at my neck. I didn't say anything but I grabbed his hair with my other hand and held it to my neck. He froze a bit and tightened his grip painfully. We didn't hear a car stopping from the anticipation of him biting me. My heart was pounding and I closed my eyes. I waited but never came. His and my grip was ripped away and I heard growling.

I opened my eyes to see Haley look at me worriedly and angry.

"I thought you were at fucking Fred's house! Lets go!" She yelled and grabbed my hand to pull me to the car. I looked around quickly to see someone on top of Dimitri's struggling form. I froze when all I saw was the red, glaring eyes and a struggling for him to drink.

I heard another growl and looked to see... KEVIN?!

I really froze and stopped walking, stopping Haley. What? What is he doing here?! He's a vampire?! I looked at Haley and she looked guilty. Very guilty.

"What...? How...? Why...is he here? He's a...?" And then it clicked. Why else would he be here. I looked at my twin and had to ask.

"Are you two together?" And she looked even more guilty.

"It's not the time for-" I cut her off when she tried to explain.

"I can't believe this! Seriously?! Haley, he..." I shook my head. The growling stopped and I saw Dimitri chugging down a big water bottle full of red, thick liquid. All of this was hitting me and I ended vomiting all of the food I ate on the pavement.

I stopped, breathing heavily and when Haley went to touch me, I moved away. I know some people may see this as petty but he hurt me badly. To know my sister was dating him just didn't sit well. I felt safer and trusted Dimitri more then my sister. That's saying something considering just a minute ago, he was trying to attack me.

I felt a hand grab my arm lightly and looked to see Dimitri with eyes that begged me to forgive him for his actions but I already did. I nodded at him and he sighed in relief, putting a hand on my hip. We all gathered in the car silently. No questions. No one looking at each other. Nothing. I decided to curl up close on Dimitri's lap and let my sorrows out on his shoulder. Nothing made sense.

He held me tightly and seem to understand why I saw upset. I saw him watching Kevin as confused as I was not too long ago. Kevin was a vampire. Kevin, the one who bullied me. Kevin, the one who hated me for being gay. Kevin... The one who was dating my sister without her telling me any of this. That's what really hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dimitri's POV (gasp ._.)

Wasn't Kevin the one who bullied Riley? I mean, I'm grateful for him stopping me from attacking Riley but why was he in the first place? I looked in the mirror to see Haley's facial expression etched in pain. Kevin held one of her hands tightly, comforting and realization hit me.

I looked down at Riley to hear his sniffling had seized and he was breathing normally, asleep on me. I felt really bad that I had almost attacked him on our first date.

I groaned a bit. I'll have to make it up to him big time. I petted his hair, running my fingers through it, then bent down and kissed his forehead and then his lips gently. It tasted a bit salty and it just reminded me that he was crying. I don't ever want to see or hear him cry. It broke my heart.

We arrived at Riley's house and I carefully unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door. I got out, holding him and he shifted a bit, so instead of me holding him bridal style, he had his arms and legs wrapped around me, with his head on my shoulder.

Haley unlocked the door and we all shuffled inside. I walked up the stairs, following where his scent led to and opened the door to his room. It looked really cozy. I laid him down gently, unlacing his fingers from around my neck and taking off his shoes before tucking him in his sheets.

He looked so peaceful and innocent if you didn't include the tears that stained his cheeks. I kissed his forehead lightly and walked out, closing the door behind me. I made my way downstairs.

"Hey..." A voice spoke up but trailed off. I looked to see Haley getting up from her seat next to Kevin.

I spoke up, "he's fine if that's what you wanted to ask." As I walked down my last step.

She shook her head. "No. I want you to stay away from him." She stated seriously.

"I want you to stay away from him" I lifted a brow towards Kevin.

She scoffed, "he's my boyfriend."

"And Riley's mine" I smiled. "I'm an adult, you are a child compared to me."

"Exactly, you're an adult. Well that's what you make yourself seem like. It's illegal." She rolled her eyes.

"Then that means you are a hypocrite." That shut her up quickly. "Its also Riley's decision whether he wants to stay with me or not. And by the looks of it, he trust me even more then you right about now." I stated. She flinched but countered my argument.

"You're wrong!" She screamed.

"Am I? I questioned. "He didn't want you to even touch him and he stayed close to me even though I almost attacked him. He cried himself to sleep because you want to run around with someone you know, hurt him deeply to the point where he has scars to prove that. But I think he's more hurt for the fact that you didn't even tell him anything and decided to hide it which is worse then the truth."

I felt angry with them both. Hurting Riley when he has to deal with the weight of the world on his shoulders. It's pathetic. Haley stayed silent with tears on her cheeks.

"I didn't mean to hurt him!" She cried.

"Well you did. And keeping us apart will only make you look worse. I'm trying to fix his fragile heart."

Kevin stood up and looked up the stairs. I stopped and smelled it too. I didn't like it at all.

"What? What's up?" Haley asked confused.

I scrambled up the stairs quickly.

"Riley?!"

~oh fudge! What's happening?! Find out in the next chapter ;D~