Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Haley's POV (yup, Riley's twin)

I sighed and stretched as my long red/orange hair swished in back of me. My soft pj shorts and tank top hugged me nicely. I padded to the kitchen and took out a soda, a bottle of blood and a giant bag of chips. Riley is out at Fred's for the night so that means I can eat all I want without him complaining that in wasting food.

Strong, muscular slid around my waist and held me to his chest. He kissed my cheek and neck but I push him away. He groans.

"C'mon, no ones home." He whined. I rolled my eyes at his whiny, desperate tone. I'm not giving in.

"We can do the naughty once you apologize and make up with my brother you big douche. You are even lucky I'm still going out with you after what I heard from him." I push his chest hard and he stumbled back. He rubbed his chest.

"But i only did it once! and Geez, I keep forgetting you have the strength of a man." He rolled his eyes. I smack his arm while walking past him to the living room where the beginning of a movie shown.

"And you better know it!" I yelled to Kevin as I throw him the bottle of blood and he jumps on the couch, next to me, downing half the bottle. We get comfortable in a blanket and watched the movie.

~~Yes. I went there! But back to Dimitri and Riley~~

Riley's POV

A vampire.

"Now you know." His deep voice snapped me back to reality. "I wanted you to know all of me before this relationship goes any further if it still is..." He trails off.

I look at him and then my finger.

"I don't care." I spoke softly. "You are still you. Honestly, I'm shocked. But like I said, I believe anything can happen. And I just happened to meet you. Smart, funny, handsome, Dimitri Mendez." I smile at him.

He reached out and took me in his arms quickly. Now that shocked me. I felt so warm and nice. I hugged him back tightly to me and we stayed like that.

He stood up and grabbed my hand, taking me to a trail that led to the lake. He took off his shirt and shimmied out of his pants. I blushed as I stared at that beautiful built chest and muscular legs and held him up. Those buttocks in that underwear just made me jealous.

He smiled at me, and gestured to take off my clothes to go for a dip. That's when I really hesitated. Once he sees my body, he won't be attracted to me anymore. He will see rolls and scars all over. I shook my head.

He frowned and walked up to me. "Why not?"

"I'm fat and hideous. My body isn't really attractive." I said lowly and put my head down. His eyebrows rose up. He went behind me and pressed himself in back of me. He slowly unbuttoned my shirt and I went rigid. I went to close my shirt but he slapped my hand away. I honestly wanted to cry. He will leave me. I know he will. Just when I started to really like him... He dropped my shirt and unbuttoned my pants, dropping them as well. He took off my shoes and socks and made me step out of my pants.

I kept my face down, hair covering my eyes that were glazed over, waiting to spill. I was frozen. I felt so uncomfortable. He took my hand and we went to the edge of the lake. He bent down a bit to my ear.

"Open your eyes and look at your reflection Riley." He said softly. A small sob escaped my lips and I shook my head, keeping my eyes shut. To remind myself of how nasty I looked, no thank you. He kept trying to calm me down while urging me to open them. "Just take a peek." He whispered. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at myself. I held onto one of his hands tightly.

"See?" He took his other hand and placed it on my stomach. "Look at the real you. You are beautiful and skinny. Even if you were chubby, my feelings won't change. But you aren't. You're so lean." His hands traced my whole body as we both stared at our reflection. "Your arms are skinny with a bit of muscle. So are your legs." His hands grazed my bottom for a bit. "These cheeks are nice and firm. Do you see you're self Riley? No fatness. No rolls. You are beautiful in your own way."

Tears rolled down my face. But not of pain. Of happiness. I hesitantly put my hands on my stomach but the thickness that I once felt every day wasn't there. I felt bones. Bones from not eating. Everyone reminded me of how skinny I was but I didn't see it. I refused to look at my reflection. But now that I see it, I didn't look fat at all. I laughed, tears still coming down my face.

I looked to see that Dimitri had a smile on his face. He kissed my cheek lovingly. I smiled and pulled him towards the water, running inside.

I have never felt so happy like this in so long.

We played in the water for about an hour and a half. It was about 11ish when he decided that we had to go. We dried off and put our clothes on, going back to the car with the basket and blanket. He wrapped the blanket and I look a small nap since the car ride was long.

Half hour later, there as a loud pop that startled me awake and Dimitri moved to the side of the road and the engine turned off. He tried to turn it on but it wouldn't start. He swore under his breath. This was bad. I looked at him, and what was even worse was the fact that his eyes were red and a thin sweat broke out on his skin. He gripped the steering wheel tightly. And one word caused me to freeze.

He panted out, "hungry..."