Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Riley's POV

We got into our regular routine of school and the bullying had stopped a lot. There is only a few people that sneak attack me but for the most part, it stopped due to Kevin. I was a bit relieved that he was able to help me but I still questioned about forgiving him. Maybe in the near future.

It wasn't long until it began to get cold. I woke up one morning and it was snowing really badly that everyone had to stay home. I sighed. I didn't have to go to school so that's good but it's also bad because I'm stuck in the house. Me and my sister haven't really spoken ever since that night. A ringing on my phone popped me out of my though process.

I smiled a bit when I saw Dimitri's name come up.

It's cold! Can I come over? He had texted me.

:) yeah. Just make sure you aren't really seen. I replied back and then put my phone down. I ran and took a shower, scrubbing everything to smell good when he gets here. I threw on some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt and brushed my teeth. Not too long, I heart a knock on my window and lifted a brow, walking over. I opened the window and Dimitri jumped in, surprising me but in a good way, if that made sense. I went to ask why didn't he just use the front door but he quickly grabbed my face, kissing me.

I missed him a lot so I kissed back quickly and passionately. He pulled back and put a hand on my cheek, rubbing it softly. His hand was ice cold and I frowned a bit.

"You have to feed." I stated, looking at him blankly. He looked at me for a sec and then pouted. It was the most adorable thing I seen.

"I'll be fine." He tried to reassured to me but I shook my head, frowning.

"Why don't you want to feed from me?" A hint of hurt in my voice. I didn't understand. I've gotten worse pain, I don't think that a bite will hurt me. I voiced that thought and he looked at me in pain.

"That's it. I don't want you to give you pain. On top of that.... If I bite you Riley.. Your blood is the only one I can drink from. I don't want to keep coming and hurting you just to fill my needs. Biting someone is like mating with someone, it's something very... Sacred." He stared at me seriously.

I stared back at him, thinking. He looked at me, and stated "I'll let you think about it Riley. But for right now, lets cook something warm, the storm has gotten even worse. It's a total blizzard outside." We both looked out my window to see snow and ice coming down hard. Haley then texted me, telling me thats shes not going to be home because of the storm. We both went downstairs and started to make food and an hour later, the food was done. I looked down at the food and hesitated for a bit then shook my head.

I wasn't going to go through that again. I need my health back in me. I looked at Dimitri then back at my food. I was doing this for him. He was my lifeline now. I know it may be that I gotten attached too easily but I'm starting to really like him. Really REALLY like him. He has shown me that I'm not what my ex told me I was. I wasn't worthless. Or fat. Or that I had to rely on him because he was the only person that would see me attractive. It was a lie. A lie to make me fall all over him and depend on him to make him feel good about himself.

No.

That was behind me. I have to keep moving forward for Dimitri. I nodded a bit to myself and ate. I could see Dimitri smiling happily from the corner of my eye, while looking at me.

Then after we are, we were in the middle of drinking hot chocolate while watching a bit of tv when everything just shut off. My breath hitched and I grabbed onto Dimitri's arm while he cursed under his breath. His eyes turned red in the dark and he went to dearth for flashlights and candles, telling me to wait here. I heard a bit of shuffling around as I sat on the carpet on the floor. I didn't have to wait long until he came back with matches and lit up the fireplace, throwing a bit more wood and sighing, content. We both then gathered blankets and quilts near the fireplace so we can sleep down there tonight. We sat down and we both stared at the fireplace, watching the wood burn and hearing a bit of crackling.

I peeked at him to see him already looking at me but then look away, clearing his throat before looking back at me. We stared at each other and it felt like we were back when we first met, how he would stare at me but now, instead of feeling uncomfortable, I felt safe, loved and like I was the only person in the world.

We both leaned in together and he kissed me lightly and gently on the lips. It was so loving and so passionate. He nipped at my bottom lip and then dove his tongue in my mouth. I moaned a bit in the back of my throat, throwing my arms around his neck and laying on the sheet, covered floor.

"I'm going to take you Riley." He murmured on my lips. I froze a bit and went to look him in the eyes to see red, glowing orbs staring down at me.

~HELLO MY PEEPS!!!! It's been so long! ;-; asdfghjk I'm so sorry, but thank you for all of these reads and votes <3 me and my procrastination thank you guys. I know it's short. Lol I will make it up by possible putting a steamy scene in the next chapter c; hehe.~