Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Riley's POV

I woke up to the beeping of the heart monitor and soft talking. I squint my eyes open in the dim lighting. Its still pretty dark out. What time is it?

I rub one of my eyes, making sure not to tangle or pull on any wires too hard. I look over to see Dimitri lightly taking while bending over something with what I noticed a camera in his hand.

"You guys are so awesome. It is 4:39 am and the babies have been born. Summer is a full vampire, looks just like Riley but with my dark hair and lips." He chuckled. "And here is Sebastian. Small but because of being premature, I kind of expected it. He has dark hair, a button nose like Riley and my lips. His eyes have yet to open though. I believe he is half human, half vampire since he is not doing so well with his breathing but is still fighting strong." He sighed for a bit. "Doctor told me that he is deaf and has a slight chance that he will get his hearing but that's okay. I still love him with all my heart." Dimitri put his finger in what I noticed is the beds for the baby.

I teared up as he continued talking for a bit before turning the camera off and setting it down before he turned around and noticed I was awake. He immediately looked guilty and went up to me.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling? Why are you crying?" He asked, looking down at me while petting my hair. I shook my head, looking at where our babies were and saw that one of the twins had an oxygen mask on.

Sebastian.

When I burst into tears, Dimitri shushed me quietly as he comforted me. "He will be alright Riley. Michael said he's pushing through and all he needs is to be in there for a few days since he had a hard time getting out with the umbilical cord. You did a great job and I'm glad all 3 of you are safe and alive." He smiled at me.

"B-but you said.. That he was deaf." I sniffled as I looked at him. He nodded.

"He is but that doesn't change how much I love him and that shouldn't change for you either. He's still normal, just a little disability. That just makes me love him even more." He kissed my lips lightly before walking over to Summer's bed when he heard gurgling. I wiped my face and sniffled.

"Look who's up." Dimitri announced as he picked her up, being careful with her fragile head. "Lets go see mommy." He whispered and I playfully glared at him as he walked over to the bed. I pressed the button where the bed moved up so I can sit up. He carefully handed her to me before sitting at my side.

She was so small and I was really excited.

Her black hair peeked out of her small hat and she opened her eyes to see green eyes staring back at me. I laughed through my watery eyes as she tried to squirm in her blanket before settling down. One of her little foot was out and you can see five tiny little toes as it scrunched up.

I rubbed her cheek and she grabbed my finger with both hands before closing her eyes, and going to sleep.

"She's gorgeous." I giggled as I stared at her. I touched her nose, her lips and her eyes. I can't believe she came out of me. My boogs. I sniffled and laughed as I handed her back to Dimitri.

"I was to see Sebastian," I told him. He nodded.

"Alright but you can't pick him up. Doctors orders." He gently put Summer back in her bed before rolling Sebastian's bed towards me. His bed was different because it was a bit more enclosed because of the wires and things were attached to him. I smiled sadly and rubbed his small cheek.

I grabbed his tiny hand that close tightly around one finger before sitting back. I stared at him before drifting off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I opened my eyes again, Sebastian was not in his bed and Dimitri's head was on my lap, asleep. I ran my fingers through his hair and he made a noise before his eyes opened. He smiled at me sleepily, "morning beautiful."

I smiled but then realized, "where's Sebastian?" I asked and he stretched and said that they were taking the wires and needles off of him. Haley walked in with Kevin and she looked REALLY different. Her freckles were gone and replaced with smooth, milky skin and her hair is more red than orange now. She also had red eyes.

"Hey Riley, how are you feeling?" She asked, kissing my forehead.

"Sore." I stated as I shifted around a bit. The stitches were killing me.

She nodded and then jumped. "Can I meet my niece and nephew now?!" She bounced on her toes. Just as she asked, Michael came back with Sebastian. He was in Michaels arms, but he still had the mask on and it was attached to something that pumped oxygen in him. She looked at Michael confused before asking "why does he have that mask on his face?"

I looked down and fiddled with the gown that I had on. No one said anything before Dimitri told her that he had a bit of a hard time breathing.

"But he's a vampire, he shouldn't have a hard time."

"He's only half vampire." I stated but didn't look at her.

After a minute, she nodded and shrugged. She went up to them and started cooing at them even though Sebastian didn't respond. Summer moved around a bit in her bed as she looked up Haley.

Dimitri kept pecking me on the lips as a way to get me out of my depressive mood and it worked after a minute. He then kissed my cheek and jaw before kissing the ticklish part on my neck. I giggled as I kissed him on the lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks later, Sebastian was already out of Michaels house and opened his eyes. He has Dimitri's grey eyes while Summer had green eyes. That's how we can tell the difference... Well besides the fact that they have two different sex organs.

But even Sebastian had long lashes that made his eyes look like a girl which made him even more adorable.

Me and Dimitri were awoken by the screams of the twins at 2 in the morning through the baby monitor. We both groaned as we slid out of bed. He went downstairs to heat up their bottles while I went into the babies room and turned on the light, squinting.

"What's wrong my babies? Hm? Are you guys smelly?" I smelled Summer and shook my head. I then smelled Sebastian and he definitely needed a diaper change.

Dimitri walked in and grabbed Summer while I went to change Sebastian. I hummed a bit as I changed him and when I was done, threw away the dirty diaper.

"Come on you." I grabbed the warm bottle as I sat down on a rocking chair and fed him. He immediately quieted down as he suckled on the nipple.
Dimitri and I both sighed in relief as it was filled with quietness.

I guess we would have to get use to this.

~~ the ending part of this chapter was a bit of a filler I guess. Hope you guys like it!~~