I'm Feeling Lucky Pt. 1

Lexi walked with Bepo through the port city of Meddina, staring up in awe at the huge buildings all around them. They walked through the crowd of people, well, Bepo did. Lexi trailed behind him to avoid being bumped again by drunkards and flashily-dressed ladies with pinch-faced expressions.

"Isn't the sub that way?" Lexi questioned, pointing in another direction to the one they were going. Bepo sniffed the air, swiveling his head back and forth trying to find their way back.

"Umm...I think it's this way...maybe..." He wrung his paws, suddenly unsure of how accurate his sense of direction was. "It's difficult to stick to one scent, there's a lot of them in the air." He explained, looked dejectedly around hoping to spot a familiar face. Lexi sighed, scratching the back of her head.

"Well, we've got to get back to the sub soon. It's almost dark, and we've gotta tell Captain about this!" She held up the neatly folded flyer, grinning in excitement. "If we're too late then they might have decided to go somewhere else already."

And with new purpose in mind, they weaved in and out of the crowd, attempting to find the rest of the crew and their Captain, the flyer stuffed back into Lexi's hoodie pocket.

"Jeez, what took you two so long?" Shachi grumped, sitting on the gangplank outside the sub, standing up and crossing his arms once Lexi and Bepo approached. The brunette grinned sheepishly.

"Well, we sort of got lost there for a minute." He smiled and shook his head, beginning to walk with them up the ramp towards the entrance to the vessel.

"Everyone else is back already. You're the last ones. Did you find someplace good?"

Chuckling, Lexi brought out the piece of paper again and tapped the sheet, smirking devilishly. "Oh yeah. Wait till you guys hear about it." And with that they all entered the sub, making their way towards the kitchen where everyone was gathered.

"A casino?" Law questioned, reading the flyer Lexi had taken from someone on the street. She nodded, holding her hands behind her back as she rocked back and forth on her heels. She'd never been to a casino before back in her world, and she had always wanted to go. Sadly her lack of funds was kind of a problem back then, but their recent raid of another pirate crew's ship had produced a hefty amount of gold to spend.

Everyone perked up at the word 'casino.' From the surprised looks on their faces, perhaps such an entertainment hub was a commodity in this world. They weren't too common where she lived before, but the economical structure of this new one was still a mystery to her. 'Oohs' and shouts of 'awesome!' were only some of the outbursts among the crew, the noise growing quiet when Law held up a hand.

"Well, we have the choice between the bar that Shachi-ya and Penguin-ya found on the edge of town and the casino. I'll let you decide amongst yourselves where you wish to go."

A man raised his hand in the air, looked disappointed. "What about the strip club?" He asked, and Shachi and Penguin clasped their hands together in a pleading gesture, turning to their Captain.

"Please, Captain? We haven't gone in awhile and I need to beat Shachi's record of four lap dances in one night!" Penguin complained, huffing when his friend elbowed him in the ribs angrily.

"There's no way you could ever beat me, heh." The engineer snickered, face twisting in pain as Penguin stomped on his foot "Ah! Hey!"

"Enough." He said sternly, effectively stopping the two engineers from getting into a fist fight right there in the mess deck. Fists raised to punch one another, fistfuls of their shirts in their hands, they quickly looked to Law before muttering quietly and releasing each other, turning away and glaring daggers at the other.