What Could Go Wrong? Pt. 2

"Are they really going through with this?" Lexi laughed, watching the two boys make their way through the line of the ride, having a few words with the attendant, and being lead to their cars.

"It appears so." Law stated, sitting on the bench beside the brunette as they watched Shachi and Penguin awkwardly seat themselves in the tiny rollercoaster cars of the Puff the Magic Dragon ride. They towered over the rest of the ride's occupants, toddlers and small children squealing in excitement as they waited for the ride to start. The two pirates looked extremely uncomfortable but refused to leave the ride because their manhood was in question.

"It was just a joke, they didn't actually have to prove they would." Lexi said behind her hand, unable to hold back the chuckles as the ride attendant told all the kids to keep their hands in the cars.

"I'll never understand what goes through their minds." The pirate Captain admitted, rubbing his forehead. The man pressed the buttons to activate the ride, and the little cars began to move, slowly riding the oval-shaped rails, dipping and swooping over the tiny hills in the track.

Law and Lexi watched Shachi and Penguin bicker quietly between each other, their knees up near their chest because of how small the seats were. The scene only added to Lexi's laughter, and she bent over, holding her sides. Law grinned, amused but not one to laugh aloud for others to hear.

Finally, after the cars circled the track a few times, the ride slowed and pulled into the station, letting the children plus the pirates off of the ride. They rose awkwardly from their seats, stretching their legs out and holding their backs. Lexi and Law went to stand in front of the exit, waiting for them to get out.

"You looked even more ridiculous than I did, baka!" Penguin accused, rubbing at his sore back.

"No way, baka! You looked stupid!"

"Guys!" Lexi interrupted them, and they paused, swinging their gazes to her. She grinned, pointing to another ride. "Let's go to the next one! Come on!"

"Ok, ok...everything's alright..." Lexi murmured to herself, gripping the handles of the restraint strapping her into her seat with white knuckles. Shachi sat beside her, minus his hat and sunglasses, wiggling in his seat to get more comfortable.

"Ah, it'll be fine! It's just gonna shoot us straight up then pull us back to-"

"Stop!" She squeezed shut her eyes, biting her lip. "I don't want to hear it."

"Are you scare-"

"No! I'm not scared." Lexi denied, feeling sweat in her palms against the metal handles. Her heart was beating a thousand times a minute, and she was sure that if it beat against her chest any harder it would crack her ribs. Her skin tingled, staring at Law and Penguin, who were standing in line to ride next. Law was smirking and Penguin gave the both of them a thumbs up, grinning widely.

"It'll be fun!" Shachi encouraged, and Lexi ignored him. Then, she heard a click and the metal ball they were strapped into slowly rocked back into place. Lexi squeaked, trying to find a better grip on something sturdy.

"Oh my god, oh my god, ohmygodohmygod!" Her thoughts were rapid and jumbled, nothing more intelligent than fearing for her life. The panic was real. She was certainly going to die on this ride.

"I can't do this, I need to get off..." Lexi muttered, more to herself than anything, but Shachi unfortunately heard it.

"What's that? Are you ok, Lexi-chan? We can tell them to let you off."

She swallowed, trying to calm her nerves enough so she could hear a little better, but the blood was rushing through her ears. "No, it's fine. Nevermi-AAAAHHHHHH!" She was cut off when the ball was released from the ground, shooting up into the air, the wind rushing past her. Somewhere, someone was screaming. After awhile she realized it was her, but the ball tilting up and back down, spinning upside down and back again, was so disorienting and terrifying and exhilarating and dizzying it was insane.