Bedrest

"I can wear your hat and jacket, right?"

"I suppose."

"...That didn't sound too enthusiastic."

Lexi heard a sigh from the Captain, who didn't bother looking up from his newest medical textbook. "You'll wear them anyways, even if I told you no."

She pouted, crossing her arms in front of her. Then, looking at herself in the mirror again and grinning at what she saw, Lexi turned this way and that, inspecting the spotted headwear as it was on her head, and the slightly-baggy hoodie that would do her well on this autumn-climate island. Law himself had chosen his feather-trimmed sweater, as she'd noticed he was branching away from his typical hoodie and old hat that he rarely wore anymore. Still, that meant Lexi could try them on. No complaints on her part.

It looked good. The headwear was even better than Law's old hat, which only had the fur trim around it. This one, with a more durable bill, was more to her liking. She took it off, bundling all her hair up before covering it with the hat, so she looked more like Law.

"Heh, I could impersonate you or something." Continuing to observe herself in the mirror, she playfully brought her hand up to mimic his signature 'Room' move, trying to make her face look as unamused and stern as possible.

"If you somehow manage to grow about eight inches in height, then sure."

"..." Lexi could practically hear the smirk in his voice, without having to look at the smug Captain still reading his damned book. If he was even reading it anymore. She turned to look at his back, deadpanning. "That was a low blow."

"Not quite as low as you."

"..."

Perurururu...perurururu...

The sound of the den den mushi in Law's pocket interrupted Lexi's attempt to chastise him for continuing his short jokes, and made him pull it out to answer. "Yes?"

"Captain, we'll be making landfall within ten minutes or so." Bepo informed him cheerfully.

Law nodded in appreciation, before standing from his desk chair. "Thank you, Bepo. Please inform the landing party."

"Aye, Captain!" The bear replied, saluting with a smile and hanging up the little snail.

Law put away his den den mushi, regarding the woman for a moment. His head cocked to the side, eyes flicking back and forth from the hat, to the hoodie, to her face. After awhile, she started to wonder just what he was thinking in all that staring.

"What?" She finally asked, and his smile widened. Before replying, he reached forward and pulled the bill of the hat down below her eyes with a chuckle. "Hey!" She cried, trying to right it.

"Perhaps I should let you borrow them more often. It...doesn't look horrible."

"Hmph." She fixed the hat, adjusting it left and right until it was where she wanted it to sit, sticking her tongue out behind Law's back as he exited their shared bedroom. Still, she was glad she would be allowed to wear it for once. In her opinion, Law looked a lot better with his black, messy head of hair showing. It gave him that sexy pirate look, and any opportunity to have him be without the thing covering it all the time was a plus.

____________

"Commander!"

The shout brought the newly-appointed Marine out of his daze. Still, he was glad to be distracted for the time being, bored of reading the procedures and protocols manual since that morning had began. Standing to greet one of the lower ranking grunts, realizing too late that it was unnecessary now that he held a higher position than him, his hands unconsciously smoothed down the front of his jacket.