A Day In The Big Apple (Pt. 2)

Lexi awoke beside the Heart Pirate Captain groggily, but also in a good mood, remembering why they were in a cheap hotel and not back home in West Virginia. She smiled, curling up closer to the unruly-haired man sleeping beside her. It wasn't often she got to see him look so serene and relaxed, and she savored the moment while she could, finally placing a quick kiss against his cheek before scooting to the side of the bed to stand up.

In the second double bed beside hers and Law's, Penguin and Shachi were still sleeping, arms and legs sticking out at odd angles as they snored, mouths wide open, softly. She suppressed the urge to laugh.

The room was still dark, but that was only because of the curtains blocking any light from escaping through the window. Weighing the pros and cons of abruptly waking them up by throwing open the curtains, blinding them annoyingly, Lexi shrugged and grabbed her change of clothes from her suitcase, heading silently to the bathroom to shower for the day.

Making extra sure to lock the door, and then wrapping the cord to the hairdryer bolted into the wall around the knob since she couldn't trust those two mechanic idiots, Lexi quickly took her shower, trying not to use too much of the shampoo and conditioner so the others had something to wash with. A few minutes into washing, she heard voices in the room outside, figuring the sound of the water running had woken her friends up. She smiled, getting through the rest of her wash in a hurry.

After drying off she combed through her wet hair. The ends were beginning to split, and she idly realized a hair cut was needed very soon. Shrugging and going through the rest of her routine, Lexi dressed and opened the bathroom door, walking out into the bedroom with a stretch. Law had just finished tugging his clean shirt over his chest when she appeared. The internally pout at not being able to see his tattoos fully was stronger than she thought.

"The bathroom's free, if anyone wants to use it." The brunette stuck her thumb behind her, and Penguin got up first to claim it.

"Don't take too long, baka!" Shachi cried, having been a second too late in stealing the room first.

"Don't rush me!" His friend replied, the door muffling the sound.

Lexi grinned and shook her head, sitting on the edge of the bed and clicking the on button for the tv. It would take them an hour or so to get ready for the day, and she was in no rush to get started on their vacation, so relaxing while the others prepped for the day was just fine with her. Their travels would be wrought with standing around, wedging their way through crowds, and walking place to place anyways. They had plenty of time to explore.

Law joined her on the bed, stretching out in content. After being cramped in the car all day, it felt nice to just lay down for awhile. "What's the plan for today?" He questioned after some time, looking towards his female companion, and Lexi shrugged.

"I really don't know. Thought I'd let you guys decide."

"Considering we have no knowledge of this place at all, I suggest you make the decisions." Law retorted evenly, knowing that if it were up to Shachi and Penguin for the daily schedule, they'd be visiting every single food and entertainment establishment in the district. And he had a fairly reasonable idea that Lexi wouldn't appreciate their definition of 'entertainment.'

Lexi seemed to think a moment, deadpanning at the realization of what he'd implied. "Yeah, ok. You're right. I'll have to think about what to do first though. There are so many things to do here."

Satisfied, Law nodded and directed his attention back to the tv, waiting for his engineers to finish up.

______________

For perhaps the eleven billionth time that morning, Lexi sighed, gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter with each honk that sounded around her. The traffic was nothing short of awful, even this far out of the main city itself. Beside and behind her, the pirates looked in in fascination at the sheer number of people and vehicles in the city.