What Could Go Wrong? Pt. 1

Lexi's deadpan expression was her only response to the hopeful faces of the two engineers, hands clasped and hopping from foot to foot. Law, standing behind them, simply watched the events unfold as they may, curious as to how Lexi would react to their question.

"No. Absolutely not." She finally said. Shachi and Penguin slumped their shoulders.

"But, Lexi-chan!"

"Please? Please, please, please?"

"It would be so much fun!"

"We've never been to one before!"

"We'll be on our best behavior!"

"Honest!"

"No! No, no, no!" Lexi uncrossing her arms and holding out her palms, watching the two engineers whine and beg and plead for her to reconsider. "No way am I allowing you guys to go to a place like that."

"But why?" Shachi pouted, loud enough for Nana, who entered the living room at that moment, to hear.

"What in the blazes is going on here?" She asked, tromping up to the gathering of people at the couches.

"We want to go to the amusement park, but Lexi said no." Penguin explained, finding a new person to appeal to. Giving his best puppy-eyed look, he made sure to look as crestfallen as possible. "We've never been to one before, and it sounds like a lot of fun."

Nana looked at her granddaughter disapprovingly. "Oh, now Lexi, dear. It's a Saturday and you don't have school. Why not take a trip to the fun park with your friends? You all need a nice break."

"Nana, I don't think-"

"Oh, don't you worry. I think I've got a few extra dollars you can use for lunch when you get there. Let me see, here." Nana was already walking into the kitchen, ignoring Lexi's protests, to dig through her purse sitting on the counter.

Lexi sighed deeply, rubbing at her face with her hands. Shachi and Penguin high-fives in victory, but the brunette swung her bitter gaze at the two, halting their celebration. "I really hate you right now." She mouthed, not missing their gulps.

Law merely chuckled, wondering how the day would end.

"Now, don't forget, any one of those employees could be secret spies for those Nazis, so keep a look out and report any suspicious behavior." Nana instructed, waving joyfully as Lexi and the others piled into the old truck. Bepo stood behind Nana, watching his friends leave.

"Will do, Nana." Lexi called, muttering her doubts under her breath. "And sorry we couldn't take you with us, Bepo."

"That's ok. Don't worry about me." The bear replied, waving his paws as they started the engine and backed out of the driveway. Bepo and Nana stayed on the front porch, watching the truck disappear behind the row of trees further down the street. With a chuckle, the old woman laid a hand on the bear's shoulder and ushered him back inside.

"Come on, now. I bet Lexi hasn't showed you the Animal Channel on the tv."

"Animal Channel?" Bepo's ears perked up, curious as to what it would have in store for him.

"I cannot believe you forced me into taking you guys to an amusement park." Lexi continued to grumble, slumping in her seat behind the wheel. Law, of course, sat beside her in the passenger seat, eyes closed as he relaxed. Or at least, trying to. Shachi and Penguin were practically bouncing off the inside walls of the cabin. Lexi could practically hear the springs under the backseat squealing in protest with every movement. The two chattered nonstop in anticipation of the rides and games at the park.