I'm Feeling Lucky Pt. 2

Clad in her new dress and black heels, Lexi held onto Law's arm as they made their way back to the casino. She had to focus on not tripping on the sidewalk in her shoes, all of her attention on her feet as they walked.

Law was feeling rather elated, glancing over at the attractive brunette woman holding onto him. His smirk widened, thinking about his words to her before. Oh, he could just imagine sliding the sleeves of that dress down her shoulders, her soft skin beneath his fingers...

"I can feel you staring at me, creeper." Lexi taunted, sending a smirk of her own his way. Truth be told, she didn't mind much but it was always interesting to tease the Captain. Raising a brow, he wasn't deterred by being caught.

"Simply admiring the view." He teased, and she stuck her tongue out at him, poking him in the side.

"You know if you were anyone else saying that I'd probably punch you."

"Mmm, what makes me so different?" He leaned closer, pulling on her arm so she couldn't escape. She smirked and edged closer.

"Let's put it this way. I like you enough to not worry about you trying to pull anything funny, unlike others." She glanced sideways at a man walking a little too close for her comfort. She could smell the alcohol radiating off of him as he passed, and she pressed herself closer into Law's side. "And you aren't so bad looking yourself." She added casually, sending him a grin.

"How nice of you to admit." He responded with a smirk, tucking his hands into his pants pockets as the casino drew nearer.

They walked back into the casino and past the reception, straight into slot machine room. Lexi took her time inspecting the room, eyeing the large machines, hearing the whirring of the wheels inside as patrons pulled the levers on the side, hoping for the jackpot. Dings and loud mechanical noises sounded whenever someone lost the slots. Overhead, an upbeat jazz medley played, adding even more volume to the already noisy room.

Law continued leading her through the room, eventually winding up in front of a few empty machines. She sat beside him, watching as he dug through the bag at his waist for some coins.

"Umm...I don't really know how to play." She rubbed her cheek sheepishly, feeling a bit embarrassed. Law gave her a few tokens.

"Put in the tokens and pull the lever." He instructed, leaning back in his seat as he slipped the coins into his machine.

"That's all?" She took the coins, doing as he'd said. He nodded, pulling back his machine's lever and watching as the three slots spun round and round, stopping one at a time on three different symbols. It made a losing sound, and Law repeated the process.

"Jeez, no wonder people are so addicted to gambling. It's so easy to play." She commented. Turning to her own machine, Lexi gripped the lever on the side and pulled, watching the three slots spin over and over.

"It's even easier to lose." Law agreed, watching as Lexi had similar results on her slot. Someone approached beside him and he looked up, seeing a blonde woman in a small gold dress. She held a tray of drinks.

"Care for a drink?" She offered, gaining Lexi's attention as well. Law accepted the offered beverage, giving her a few tokens in return, and Lexi leaned towards him to reach her own. The blonde nodded and wandered off to cater to other patrons.

"I could get used to a place like this." She grinned, sipping on the alcohol with a grin, placing another token in the machine and watching it spin with the lever. Law hummed in response, eyes concentrating on his machine.

Lexi pulled the lever again and leaned back, enjoying the pleasant atmosphere of the casino. Some of the people around her looked excited and as if they were having the time of their life. A few, dotted throughout the crowd, looked just plain sad. They rarely took their eyes off the machines, staring into the spinning slots as if it held the answer to some unspoken question. She frowned, wondering just how long some of the patrons had spent gambling their lives away. For more than one, that answer looked to be a rather long time.