Halfway Point Pt. 2

Standing against the nearest building in irritation, Lexi crossed her arms and cocked her hip, waiting for the boys to leave the brothel. As Law had so casually defended, these places were apparently great ways to gather information, seeing as prostitutes held little loyalty to any single person-so long as the price was right.

Seeing as this place was the very last kind she'd like to be in, Lexi had offered to wait outside until the three men were done with their...investigating. Who knew how long they'd be, so she resorted to just relaxing in the sun. The climate on this island was very warm, and she'd had to take off her hoodie from the heat, leaving her in nothing but a thinly-strapped, blue blouse and shorts.

Bepo, who'd returned from figuring out when the log pose would set, sat on the nearest bench beside her, watching out for any danger that may present itself. Though, he seemed to be staring excessively at a very strangely-dressed guy on the bench opposite of them. Following his gaze, she inspected the man more closely.

Blonde, with almost tribal-style tattoos above his eyes, he wore a white, billowing shirt and purple pants. Right underneath his chin was a black tattoo of a cross, and she examined him curiously. He seemed to be enthralled with these strange cards, placing them, wait, no...floating them in midair directly in front of his face. Completely entranced by what he was doing, and wanting to know how he did it Lexi went against her better judgement, and Bepo's concerned look in her direction, by walking over towards him.

When she was only a few feet away, she stopped. Up closer now, and able to see more details, Lexi saw tendrils of some kind of...fiber? which propped the cards up, before fading away from sight before they reached the ground. What sort of strange ability did this guy have? Seeing as this magic trick of his didn't seem humanly possible, she assumed he had a devil fruit of some kind.

"How do you do that?" She asked suddenly. If he heard her, which Lexi was certain he did, he did not turn to regard her at all, simply continued placing his cards where they belonged. The muted footsteps of her bear companion indicated he had followed, just to be sure she would remain safe.

"It requires little concentration, but is a skill unique only to myself, I'm afraid. There would be minimal benefit in explaining it to you." Was the stranger's even answer. She pursed her lips and nodded slowly at this.

"Hmm, I see. Too bad, whatever all this is, it's pretty cool."

"Indeed."

"What exactly are you doing?"

"Examining the possibilities and outcomes of today. Fortune telling, in simpler terms."

Lexi perked up, placing her hands on her hips. "Oh, you're a fortune teller? Neat. Could you tell my fortune?"

"Umm, Lexi, I'm not sure this is a good idea..." Bepo muttered behind her, but she waved away his concern.

"I'm alright, Bepo. It's just a quick reading, right? I mean, what are the odds that you'll kill me?" She joked with a grin, turning to address him. Face never wavering from his mask of indifference, he drew the first card and briefly glanced at it.

"Chances of your death by my hand: 4%."

"..." She paused, deadpanning, then shrugged. Bepo was here in case anything happened. "Alright, I'm cool with those odds."

Bepo shuffled in place with worry. "But-"

"It'll be fine." Lexi reassured again. This guy didn't appear to mean her any harm, and looked to be more invested in his cards than her anyways. Not once had he even looked at her during this conversation. "So, you'll do it?"