You Be Me, I'll Be You

"Room." Law said, holding his hand up as the customary disc of blue energy began to form beneath his palm. Lexi watched as it expanded across the bedroom and came to a stop at the edge of the wall, enclosing the both of them inside. Arms crossed, the brunette quirked a brow in his direction as he took out his own heart with the 'Mes' technique. The sight no longer came as a shock to her, seeing as he'd done the very same thing to her several times before.

"Are you sure that's necessary?" She inquired, swallowing despite agreeing to be his guinea pig for this little experiment. It wasn't the first time he'd asked her to, but something about this one made her hesitate. The sound of being in someone else's body didn't sound too appealing, but Law had been pretty confident in his ability, so she played along.

"Relax. I've tried on a few animals before, and it seems to work. Now, hold still." He reassured, walking closer to her with a hole in his chest, before muttering 'Mes' a second time. His outstretched arm passed clean through her own chest, and he retracted it to show her own heart in his other hand.

"Hold these." He instructed, and she gently took hold of both of the organs, rolling her eyes as he stepped a few paces away.

"You know, at one point in my life I would've freaked out if someone told me to hold two still-beating hearts in my hands. Now look at me. I do it just for shits and giggles." She gestured upwards with both of the cubes, and Law smiled thinly.

"Yes, you've adjusted quite well, haven't you?"

"I guess that's one way to put it." She shook her head, watching as Law brought his fingers upwards, face set in determined lines. Her nervousness returned, and she swallowed again. This was something new, and she wasn't sure what came next at this point.

"Shambles." Came his familiar technique, but instead of anything switching places, Lexi watched in fascination as two heart-shaped outlines appeared from out of the hearts in her hands. The brunette couldn't speak as they detached themselves and floated in a circle in the air for a moment, before stopping in place and disappearing back into the cubes.

"Nngh..." Lexi suppressed and groan of pain. Well, not pain exactly, but a deep throb in her chest once they disappeared. She closed her eyes to ward it off. Distantly, she felt the field of Law's Room shrink away into nothingness, it's purpose having finished. The moment passed, the momentary discomforting gone, and she opened her eyes again...

...to see her own body standing a few feet away, still holding the organs.

"What the hell...?" She slowly asked of no one, frowning in confusion. Her body opened it's eyes, blinked a few times, and looked down at the hearts, holding them up a few inches higher to inspect them closer.

"It seems to have worked. How are you feeling?" Law's voice spoke from Lexi's lips, eyes much too serious and confident to be her own.

Lexi moved her—Law's—hands up against the chest she was occupying. Seeing the digits she controlled covered in tattoos was a strange sensation. A glance down confirmed that indeed, she was inside Law's body right now. It was unusual not to see her own breasts right under her chin, but there was only the flat surface of Law's hoodie. Also, she noted with interest, her field of vision was much higher than she was used to.

"This is trippy..." She finally explained, unsure of how to describe the experience. This body felt different, but as if she'd been using it her entire life. Perhaps the transition of bodies was smoother than one would think. "Nothing's in pain, though. And I'm a lot taller than I was a minute ago."

"Hmm..." Law hummed, eyes now skirting around him and inspecting the world through her viewpoint. "You're certainly shorter from this perspective. More so than I thought."